Camping in Normandy Village

498 Reviews of 64 Normandy Village, Florida Campgrounds

fThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great place to explore

If you have a chance to check out little talbot, black rock beach while you’re staying at big talbot, do it! It looks like heaven :) i post up my hammock on the trees all the time.

Siteidk
David L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Nice City of Jacksonville Campground

Unable to find available sites on Amelia Island/Fernandina we found Kathryn Abby Hannah. Not so far away and the Mayport ferry ride was pleasant. Mosquitos were huge, walks on the beach great, loved nearby seafood markets. Best for small rigs, we have a NOBO. Let's go again.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

St Augustine

Very friendly and helpful from the time you pull up until we pulled out. Very clean and had a great pull in site. One of the best shaded and private sites. Will go back and stay longer.

Doug and Terri C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Beautiful Campground

Beautiful KOA in a great location, level shaded sites and a wonderful pond.

FAIR WINDS RV F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Manatee Cove RV Park NAS JAX

MWR run/maintained, military facility. Active duty & retirees welcome. For our very first time in our travel trailer, we have had a wonderful experience. Full hook ups with 50/30 amp, sewage & freshwater. Tidy bath house & laundry facilities. Located on the St. John’s River with simple…

Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

This Could Be The Best Campground Ever!

Holy AMAZING campgrounds, folks!  Dyrt - there should really be 6 star ratings for this park to be properly rated!  I don’t think I’ve ever come across anything quite like Crooked River State Park located in SE Georgia – and the more I poked around as I explored the massive grounds of this gem and…

• Come with me as I take you for a minute long ride entering the campground area (for RV'ers)
    Play button icon
  • Look for this sign from the only road leading you north to Crooked River State Park
  • Upon entry, you'll find your well-groomed experience begins here with the Crooked River SP sign underneath a forest of Spanish Moss loaded Cypress trees

Military Access Only

This is an RV parking lot for military personnel.  Unless you have military ID and a reason for being on the base, you are not allowed to enter.  Happy Camping!

• From the road, be on the look out for this sign
  • From the road, be on the look out for this sign
  • Two entrances, this is the northern gate
I

At the beach

Amazing spot at the beach!

• Intercoastal access sunset view
SiteD113
Month of VisitMarch
Dale B.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Safe great community

Though this is a military or retired military only it is a great save full hookup, can stay up to 6 months at a time if space is available.

Kevin S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Great but research and pre-planning required

The reviews are correct you must pre-plan and research i backpacker to Stafford site 6 3.5 miles. The island no longer rents bikes, local vendors can help, but you will need to pay the ferry's fee for a bike. THIS IS PRIMATIVE CAMPING. That said the camps have cold showers, drinking water at sea…

• ferry to island
    Play button icon
  • wild horses next to the bathhouse
SiteStafford 6
Jay B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Labor Day 2021

Be advised that this park is on Mayport Naval Station, so you will need proper military ID to access the base.

We are tent campers, and stayed in the tent area Fri-Mon over Labor Day.

The tent area is just that, and area. No designated spots, no fire rings, and no picnic tables. There was one…

Sitetent area
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Big Wheel In The Sky

Don’t let the dilapidated old white 2-story that greets you upon entry to this RV Park scare you off– once you get passed this rickety building that’s been condemned, the rest of the place is actually pretty dang nice(as far as RV parks go). Once inside the grounds, you’ll be driving on very well…

• Don't let the dilapidated building fool you, look for the Big Wheel RV Park sign and you're golden
  • The small office building that offers ice, firewood and small amount of sundries for sale
  • Here's what a standard pull up area looks like
H
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great Stay!!

Very clean, level sites! Nice Firepit! Friendly rangers. Didn’t rent a cottage but they looked nice! Had 30amp service and it worked flawlessly!

H
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Electrical Issues

We were at site 5. When we arrived and hooked up the 30amp breaker kept flipping. We had just left crooked river and hadn’t had any issues. We told the camp host and she moved us to site 4 for the night. After 2 nights they told us the 30amp breaker was replaced and we could go back to site 5. Site…

Jamall L.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

I like to camp

I like to camp and I like to go fishing spend my time to relax and stress-free

Sitefl