Fires Unknown
About Leo's Campground And RV Park
Leo's Campground And RV Park is located in Florida
2 Reviews of Leo's Campground And RV Park
Expensive and loud, but it's Key West

I stayed here as a money saving exercise the night before a morning flight to Dry Tortugas. I didn't bring a tent, but Leo's had a camping kit available for rent that included the tent, sleeping pad and a small lantern/flashlight that I took advantage of; bring your own sleeping bag or sheets.

The sites are level with pea gravel; the ground was so hard that I could not get the stakes into the ground (they didn't provide a hammer and i was in too much of a hurry to ask). I tied off a guy line to the fence in hopes of preventing it from blowing into the water. Someone must have come by and staked it down while I was in town because the 4 stakes were in when I returned. The sites have a picnic table and grill. Some of the sites have electric, making it nice to fully charge camera and phones as needed. There's good cell service, but they do provide wifi if needed.

The campground is visually separated from Rt 1, but it is so close that you will hear the traffic All. Night. Long. I always say I can sleep through anything, but between this and the sleeping pad with a leaky valve, I didn't sleep at all. I wish I'd had earplugs.

There's a mix of seasonal and shorter term campers, everything from large RVs to camper vans and tents. There were a few empty tent sites when I was here in late January. There's a small pond with a shelter. Near the restrooms there is a covered area with picnic tables and a small library, a good place to take refuge from a shower or to hang out with friend or a book. Laundry is available. The bathrooms are clean and small. They definitely need more hooks in the shower stall and could use a small stool or shelf.

If you have a pet, they have a small doggie playground next to the office. For the people, there are large games such as jenga and chess.

It's about 4 miles to the historic district.

Tight squeeze but a lot of activities

Very expensive for a campsite, but maybe that's standard for in the Keys. It was basically just a gravel parking lot. There is not a lot of room between sites and sites are small. We had a 4 man tent and it was much tighter space than any other campground. Almost impossible to stake down a tent, so we tied the tent to the fence and picnic table. Right by the road  and airport too, so expect a lot of noise. They did have nice restrooms and dish sinks, as well as some different games set up like jenga and chess. There were several events (trivia nights, happy hour) scheduled at the campground for campers, but we were unfortunately unable to attend. Small book library available. Short drive to Key West; expect to hear roosters most of the night.