Pets Unknown
County
San Mateo Memorial County Park is located in California
6 Reviews of San Mateo Memorial County Park
Amazing campsite!

Been coming here for years. Just 40ish minutes up from the town of Woodside. Camp sites are spacious and well kept! Bathrooms are easily accessible but showers are a bit of a walk maybe 5 mins from your site. The only reason it gets 4 starts is because the quality of the showers and bathrooms could be much better. Starting October 20, 2019, memorial park will CLOSE UNTIL SPRING 2021. They are updating the bathrooms and showers and roads. Roads were not bad in my opinion and the roughness added to its charm :) It’s a beautiful park under the redwoods and Kim the lady who runs the camp store is amazing. She has everything you could possibly need and if she doesn’t, pescadero is a 15 min drive towards the coast. There used to be a general store just up the road from memorial, but it’s been going through renovations and was not open yet. Hopefully it will still be a store! We will always come here every year.

Memorial Park

Great place for camping or just getting out for the day with family and friends

big trees and shade

I was here a week ago for the first time. Some of the sites are close together, and the loops are confusing and very tight, but once you get in it’s really sweet! there’s a building that has a generator going all night so if that kind of thing bothers you pick a site away, also no dogs are allowed and no smoking if that’s important to you. I found it to be amazing and wished I had booked more nights, though it’s a bit on the pricey side. Only 4 stars because no dogs allowed.

Great Group site

My Church had a Daddy and Kids campout a few weeks ago here. We reserved one of the big group campsites and it was awesome. Plenty of room to set up multiple tents and lots of parking for vehicles. There is a little creek that's only about a quarter mile hike down a trail. The campground is only a 10 minute drive down to Pescadero State Beach so we went there after we broke camp. The kids all loved it.

La Honda

La Honda is a super cool town. The Park was secluded and lots of shade

Many Memories

My family has camped here so many times. It's one of our favorite places.