Camping in Bangor

11 Reviews of 3 Bangor Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

Camping near it all

Great place to stay. You’re tucked away directly in nature but a 5 minute drive will get you to downtown Nevada city. “Downtown” is a small quaint historic area packed with great restaurants for vegans and organic lovers alike.

• pass the train tracks is a large meadow to take a walk in. camping was 6/10 on the private scale.
  • nice pool to cool off in
  • cute train track runs on the outskirts of the sites. You can pay to take the small quiet train
Sitecampsite and glamping tent
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…

L E.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Spot with a view!

Words don't do it justice stop on by and see for urself! This here is God's Country!

SiteLake side Tent site
Nicole G.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically…

• Play button icon
SiteA section
E
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2020

Glad to get out in 2020

We were just happy to get out and camping. It’s definitely a place I’ll put on my list to camp at again, especially when they figure out their electrical issues. From what I could tell when driving around the majority of the sites were level; we had 4 spots and all were easy to back in.

Some…

Michael M.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2020

We love Lake Francis

Our family has been coming here for years. We love it. Nice quiet lake. Good campsites. Good general store and even a little restaurant and ice cream shack.

T
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2019

Rustic. Huge. Nice

Clean and Rustic. WiFi is very very limited- drive to top of hill or lodge( very sporadic) Great Lake for swimming, fishing and small boats. Store on site. Clean swimming pool. Ideal for Tent or RV.

Gina C.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2019

Fun cabin rental

Some of my family has camped here in the past at one of the tent sites. We decided this time around to reserve one of their cabins. We stayed at the Diamond P cabin which has the best view of the lake within this group of cabins. You can walk to the lake (it’s about 100 yards) from this location.…

Nicole R.
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2018

Great wildlife and views

Pros: Great views on first loop and wildlife throughout! Lake is beautiful too

Cons: No cell service in any of the loops and WiFi isn’t great.

SiteG92
Month of VisitNovember
Betty K.
Reviewed May. 2, 2018

Lake of the Springs

A bit out in middle of no where! But once inside park it’s really nice if you can get a full hook up spot.... those are limited! Has pool and breakfast on weekends. They rent pontoons and paddle boats.... has a beach area too! Watch out for meat bees... need a screen room to eat outside... they…