Camping in Alhambra

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Alhambra

140 Reviews of 32 Alhambra Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2022

Beach Camping in a parking lot

Nice little camping area by the beach.  If you are on the roadside it can get a little noisy.  Fun place to get away for a couple of days

Siteo014
DAB's Fabrications The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2022

Well kept, clean and quite.

Spent two weeks had a great time. Visitor friendly (free). Very nice and clean laundry room. The rate is a bit too high. Just over $1000 for 14 days with two dogs.

• we had some high winds.
SiteS144
James K.
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2022

Amazing tent camping

This place was wonderful. Peaceful, restful and a perfect getaway from the city. Went on a beautiful hike with my son and explored the area. Nice views of the Angeles National Forset Mountains. Definitely going back.

SiteOne of the two lower sites.
Heather L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

Love spending time here!

Bolsa Chica is one of my favorite “in the city” places to go and relax. Nothing better than an ocean view and a fire pit!

Month of VisitNovember
Andres P.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2022

Great scenery

I've stayed here before and love the view it offers. Site #13 feels more secluded than other sites on the campground. Only problem was it's on a slope. Not perfectly flat. There is a clearing about 30 feet out but feels far from the firepit. I enjoyed the scenery and low cost of $12

• great view from firepit
  • the flatest area was between these trees.
  • some snow in January
Sitesite #13
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2022

Awesome Secluded Hike-In Campsite

Parked at Three Points parking lot and hiked about 3.5 miles on the PCT. I believe it has 5 campsites with tables and fire pits. Beautiful river runs in the middle and an added bonus is that it has 2 outhouses. Truly a beautiful secluded campsite.

Swan R.
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2022

Pretty close to LA

This is our go to spot since it’s close to where we live. Sometimes it’s quiet. Sometimes it’s loud depending on who your neighbor is. And sometimes this place get’s windy as hell.

Month of VisitNovember
K
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2022

Half Sunk, Overgrown

The camp site looks like it was buried in mud from a flood a few years ago. There’s been no maintenance to this camp. The cook stoves are covered, half of the one picnic table was underground. But still, it’s a beautiful and remote spot. The river was running when I was there in January and it was…

Gabriela M.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Beach Camp

It was nice! Very clean! The boardwalk was endless and great to walk the dog and go for a run! Restaurants all around to have dinner at!

r
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Hidden in the valley of the high desert

This is a great spot for quiet solitude & magnificent views & sunsets. You also get to hear the train come thru daily which really reminds me I'm in the west. Super scenic, beautiful sunsets.

Sitetent section C
Derek & Alex W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2021

This place is huge!

I think people give this campground such negative reviews for no reason to be honest. The road in is a little windy, but it's easy to get here. The staff were all very friendly during our week stay. Just note that they are going through a lot of updates, which is a good thing for the future!

All…

SiteN-210
Steve F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

First time here

This is a huge campground. Not a lot going on here in Acton. Surrounded my mountains, which is nice. Staff is happy and helpful.

Siteb086
G
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Very Friendly staff with lots of amenities

I can't deduct stars for how crowded it was during Labor Day Weekend. I think it was a treat that we were able to book on a fairly short notice for a holiday weekend. The pool is awesome and huge compared to other campgrounds. It was overly crowded this Labor Day weekend but what do you expect,…

• Roomy campsites
  • Play button icon
Month of VisitOctober
J
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Great Family Park

We were able to pitch a tent along side our Mini Trailer in the RV section of the park. We have visited twice now. Hiking swimming, biking, and nearby Kayaking in a clean friendly environment. The park offers large sites with nice lawn to play catch and other lawn games with the family. Also they…

SiteC135
Month of VisitOctober
T
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

nice camping resort

They have everything you need, propane refill service 2.99 per gallon. Laundry room, swimming pool, rec room, play ground

SiteQ29