Arkadelphia, ARKANSAS
Most Recent Arkadelphia Camping Reviews
Diggers of the dirt

Loved our day trip just me and my daughter so I can’t review camp grounds but I will camp the next round and bring the whole clan. Open fields of dirt to dig in they till up the soil to make digging easier.Take umbrellas and a wagon to pull supplies with ,also to haul dirt to the washing area. Carry drinking water snacks , 5 gallon bucket and garden tools…. have fun get dirty.

Edgewood Recreation Area

Great campground on beautiful Degray Lake near Arkadelphia. 30 & 50 amp sites with electricity and water. Nice clean bath houses.

Eagles

Bird watching.

Amazing site

This site is up quite a bit higher than the river. If you see the main entrance sign it says day use only. We stayed the night and it was amazing. It was the last night of our 3 day paddle of the ouachita river. Great bathrooms. Nice camping sites.

Could be nice

Now a day use only site. The bathroom made it clear that late night partying happens here. We camped because we had just done 14 miles on the river and were exhausted. No one bothered us. Camp ozark is near by and was very loud, as was the bridge next to the camp.

Amazing place with so much to do!

I was pleasantly suprised with our stay at crater of diamonds. We only stayed the weekend but definitely would have been happy with a longer stay. The first day we got there it was pretty late so the kids played at the park beside our campsite whilenwe setup. The bath house was also beside our site as well as a laundromat. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. The next day we went to the diamond mines and dug for diamonds, this was so much fun! We found some small quartz that were very pretty, then we ate at the kimberlite cafe which is right beside the mines. Then to cool off, we spent the rest of the day at the water park which was perfect for my young children. There were slides and waterfalls and the water only goes to 3 ft at the deepest points.

Friendly Staff

Stopped in while traveling with no reservation on my bike. The campground was full but they did find me a spot for tent camping for the night. The staff went out of their way to assist me with getting a spot, helping me with onsite facilities, and they even made phone calls to assist me with local road closings for my next days route. Very clean bathrooms and shower facilities. The laundry facility was nice and well kept. The park is set up more for RV use but once again they were very accommodating. Although I didn’t use the pool it did look nice a several kids made use of it while I was there. The only downside and only if you’re tent camping there is traffic noise due to being close to the interstate, however it is also convenient if just passing through.

Steep campsite

We had a great staybat daisy state park, we swam right at out campsite. The only downfall was that the sites are rather close together and aside from the driveway there was no level spot in the site. We had to set up on the driveway because we are tent campers but it worked out ok. However they did have a very nice playground so that was a plus. The hiking trail was a nice short walk through the woods. My two year old was able to walk the whole trail without assistance.

Really nice campgrounds

The facilities here are top notch. There are lots of shady camping spots and several nice public restrooms. The paved walking trail down to the river was a nice surprise. Everything inside the parks is an additional cost so you have to pay to swim or dig for diamonds. Not a big deal, but we were expecting to be able to use the pool and it was a big factor for staying inside the state park. Pool admission is $10 a person which seems a little high.

Plenty of sites and friendly folks

A lot of RV and tent site camping sites. Nice scenery and the park host was very helpful. We stayed in area C (A, B, C are the different areas) on a super busy weekend and weren't to cramped. Spacious tent sites just off a creek with fire rings, picnic tables, and good proximity to clean toilet/shower facilities. Would visit again.

Beautiful Spot

Gulpha Gorge is beautiful. It’s close to downtown and close to Magic Springs. The one downfall is they are FCFS only.

Quick Layover in Hot Springs

Greeted by raccoon..beautiful place..arrived late and tent situation was not described well online or in reservation..only reason for 4 not 5 stars

We’ve Seen Better

We have visited Lake Catherine in the past and had wonderful experiences when we were in a camper. This go around we used our tent and the overall experience was OKAY. The camp sites are spacious and typically clean when you arrive. The site we stayed at was a little far from the bathhouse but it was lakefront. The bathhouse had clean showers but the stalls for toilets was dirty every day, even the day it was closed TWO HOURS for cleaning. During our stay, the animals were a little bit of a nuisance because they weren’t really afraid of people so we constantly had squirrels, ducks, and geese begging for food when we ate and raccoons got into our food supply (they ate just about everything) and our tent. The main staff at the marina and visitors center were very friendly and helpful. However we went on an hour long lake tour and our tour guide only talked about 10-15 minutes. We have been on a lake tour before and it was much better so it just depends on who does the lake tour. The fishing at Lake Catherine was good, mostly caught baby brim, rock bass, and a 3-4 pound catfish on a trot line. Unfortunately, we were unable to catch a “money fish” that is stocked at the beginning of the season that you can turn in for cash!

We had a blast!

This weekend we camped at DeGray Lake Resort State Park in Bismarck, Arkansas. We had a blast! DeGray Lake has a lot to offer for groups large and small wanting to get away. It has several camping spaces with water and electric hook ups (about $22/night), yurts (about $55/night), a lodge (about $100/night), a marina to rent boats or buy bait, several daily activities for children or adults of all ages (some free and some about $5-15/person), horse riding stables (no experience required, about $30/ride 1 hour trail), a full golf course, playgrounds, pavilions, overall clean facilities, and a restaurant. Although our bank fishing experience wasn’t so great, I’m sure with a boat it would have been better. And for those that want to make the camping trip into the ultimate family vacation, this park is about a 30 minute drive from Hot Springs, AR where there is tons to do like restaurants, mini golf, shopping, and we even decided to get ice cream at Scoops (24 homemade flavors and delicious)! We will definitely be back for a visit!!

Nice campground off Lake Ouachita

Stayed at this campsite after a long day on the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail. Wouldn't recommend Site #2 but I did arrive at camp around 6PM on a Friday and was able to get the site so that was a plus. Took a brief walk around the camp and it has some nice amenities including showers and a beach if you want to go swimming.

It is no more !!! We drove by it June 14, 2019 at 2pm and it is currently being Bull Dozed over...

It is Leveled as of June 14, 2019 at 2pm… Don't know what is going in there…

One of the best

Absolutely one of the very best campgrounds we've ever stayed. Beautiful Hot Springs nearby

Very Nice

A great spot to get away! All sites are predominantly shaded. Most have 50amp/full hookup. Some are 30amp/water only. Satellite signal may be an issue with some sites due to the trees. All sites are paved and also have a tent pad.

Crystal clear water

We had a great time camping at lake oauchita state park. The water water wad beautiful and clear, the bath house was clean and the campgrounds were well maintained. We've already reserved a site for this summer.

The waterfall was beautiful

We really enjoyed our stay at lake catherine. We hiked to the waterfall with 5 children all under the age of 6 and it wasn't too bad. The campground was nice.

Great time!

We had a great time at Degray, it wad our first family camping trip. The park was nice including the swimming area. The only downfall was that the site we stayed at (unfortunately I don't remember the number) was close to a busy highway. We would definitely go back but not stay in the same spot.

Great value

Stayed on #30. Located right across from the swim beach. While it rained several days, the site did have a paved pad, electricity and water. Normal cost is $22 a night but with National Parks Senior Pass the cost was only $11 per night! What a deal! Only negative was grass needed mowing!

Very nice campground

Nice state park. Campsites are large and private. Bathhouse nice and clean. There is a water play area but we enjoyed searching for diamonds. They have a 40 acre area that is plowed every so often. Also they have water troughs for sifting for diamonds. They rent sifting boxes and other tools or you can bring your own.

We love this place

My family and I love this little home away from home, once you find it you are great.

Shady areas, sandy beaches make you feel like your in paradise 💕💕

Only con I can think of is it is extremely busy, every time we go they are always so booked out and always a ton of people but other then that it’s great

A little slice of Heaven

This was our first trip here - brought our 23 Ft camper and stayed in Loop C. The well-Manicured and large sites under the tall trees and pines were Top-Notch! Many sites were on an incline, so there was a lot of terracing w great use of railroad timbers and crushed rock. Most sites were FULL HookUps. All had crushed rock pad for tent.  Loop A which was NOT waterfront was heavily tree’d and huge sites as well.  Restrooms were always clean and well stocked w TP and hand soap.

Kayak rental was cheap (and didn’t charge extra for staying out longer!)

We were BLOWN AWAY and can’t wait to make the long drive from Austin Tx again :-)

Amazing Hosts!!

This is a really nice campground!! The charge about $20 for tent camping, which is what I did. They have a pool and very clean bathhouse and laundry facility! Owners are super nice people that seem willing to work with us on anything. Even offered us popsicles after biking here! Not much around for shopping but there is Caddo Valley about 1.2 miles away that has fast food and gas stations. A little bit of road noise from interstate but that’s my only complaint!

Spacious sites

Lake Catherine provided a relaxing spring break! Beautiful scenery, nice hikes and very peaceful. The campground was quiet. Bathhouses were in good shape. Lots of space between sites to play frisbee, etc.

There were some hiking trails with varying levels of difficulty. You need to be part billy goat for part of it. I recommend the path that runs along the lakefront and heads back to the waterfall.

Only downfall was seeing the factory across the lake.