The best GROUP camping near
Wood Trap , ARIZONA

Most Recent Wood Trap Camping Reviews
Quiet, Spacey and FREE

My road dog and I have been traveling the country for a few weeks now and this is probably the best campground that we’ve found so far. It’s spacious, there’s not a lot of people and it’s just far enough from the hwy that we can’t hear any traffic. The night sky is lit with millions of stars. It’s a great place to camp, weather you’re in an rv or a tent.

High up and So Cool!

Up in the pines and smells great! Lots of dispersed spots waiting for you but the early bird gets best choice!

Not impressed

We arrived late so it was very dark. The signage was very difficult to see and no one was available to help us find our spot. Cell reception and internet were terrible. The employee at the entrance told us what spot we were in, but said sometimes people took them, so just find another spot and let them know where we landed. 🤷‍♀️ Which is what happened. We found a spot in area H, hooked up and went to sleep. Woke up at 6:45 with the neighbors dog barking A LOT! At 7:30 another neighbor was blasting AC/DC! And at 8:00 the barking dog people were blowing bubbles for their 3 under 8 years old children, screaming and giggling 5 feet from my RV! Needless to say, we moved to another spot for the 2nd night. It was quieter, but the whole vibe of the park was unorganized and the overall impression we got was an unfriendly, cranky bunch that lived there.

exactly what was needed

the host clifford makes this dispersed site easy to navigate. sometimes finding places like this can be awkward, but his signs and care for the experience make this a fantastic place to be in the northern arizona desert. the sunsets. the sunrises. the coyotes howling. this is a really good spot.

Beautiful! Amazing camp site!

If you are looking for a tucked back get away this is it. We got site on the ridge and it is absolutely beautiful. The view is amazing and the sunset is something I can’t even describe. The host Charles and Sara are absolutely amazing and very accommodating. They made sure we found the place and even gave us a tour of the site and land explaining history and pointing out the hikes we take on the property. The sites came with a little wash station to wash your hands or clean any utensils you have used. They have a very clean compost toilet to use as well. A fire pit that has chairs there already to use in case you forgot to bring your own. They also have hammocks hanging in the trees if you just want to kick back and relax. They also provide fire wood at $10 and you get a good amount. They also rent out grills, and cooking utensils if you need it. The site is very big and private which I absolutely loved. The drive to get back wasn’t very difficult but should be taken at cautious pace. I drive an all wheel CRV and it made it just fine. The stars here are incredible. I’ve never seen them so close or so bright. Everything about this campground is absolutely breath taking and I’m so thankful for Charles and Sara for sharing it with us. We definitely plan on coming hopefully soon. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through the area or just wanting to find a great camping spot.

Campground

Full. Very popular. Nice if you can get it. Fishing and horses.

Campground

Check out the other reviews. They state the situation very well. It is a very nice campground. There is room for some large rigs.  Newly built flush toilets. Only negative is you sometimes have to listen to ATV’s that sound like giant kazoos. Did not see any tents, only RV’s. Half price for senior pass holders…$7.00👍 Two bars on T-Mobile…yippee!

Very nice state park

We pulled in for a night. Very nice facilities and nice helpful camp hosts. Campsites are nice and roomy. Full hookups are nice.

Great time for young and old

Playground for the minds… peaceful lake with benches and fishing for the more seasoned. Highly recommend.

Nothing special

Big open parking area before heading to trail head. A little tight getting to the trailhead with small sites off the road where I saw a few van dwellers and just before the trail head was a vaulted toilet, I never checked it out. Once you made it to the trailhead, there’s a parking area and if to continue on a small road from the parking area it will take you to where most of the sites are located. Not very many, only a few unless you don’t mind being on top of each other and only a couple are somewhat level. If you have 4 wheel drive and tent camping, then you can continue on, but it’s pretty steep and flat level ground is at a minimum. The view didn’t seem too special, probably wrong time of the year (March). You can hike down Badger Springs trail that leads you down to Badger Springs wash where theirs only puddles here and there and a couple areas that might be more than a couple feet deep. I wasn’t impressed, but I was able to stretch out the legs. If you need to shut down for the night and don’t mind traffic noise, the best bet would be the big open parking area before Badger Springs rd. Otherwise most rv’s could make it down to the trailhead and spend the day there, just be careful, it’s like a one lane road. I had 1-2 bars on T-Mobile and 2-3 on Verizon.