The best WALK IN camping near
Utting , ARIZONA

Most Recent Utting Camping Reviews
Free dispersed camping, some spots with trash, some without

There are many nice places to pull off of Eagle Eye Rd but unfortunately they were mostly taken or difficult to get to in our rig so we ended up at this particular spot for the night. There was so much garbage, diapers, appliances, etc that we expected people to drive up and dump some more trash at any minute, but the night was surprisingly extremely quiet, especially for a Friday night.

While I do not recommend this particular spot, only because of the garbage, the area between Hwy 60 and Hwy 10 off of Eagle Eye Rd is beautiful and mostly BLM and would be great to stay in for a few days.

We did not hear any coyotes this night, and very few chollas, but we had to watch for broken glass and old ammunition laying around in the piles of garbage.

Cell service is weak in this area. ATT was almost unusable, Verizon was a little better but still very weak. Eagle Eye Rd is paved and an easy drive, but the pullouts to camp will depend on your rig.

No amenities here.  Near the Harquahala Mountains Wilderness.

Great park and campground for off-roading.

Park has a campground with several elec/water hookup sites and the rest are water-only or dry camping. Baseball field nearby as well as playground and covered picnic/event area. Great access to nearby off-roading trails and plenty of exploring. Camping area is all gravel. Spaces are pretty level. Trash cans available. Local roadrunners come up to camp and look for some treats. Some train noise and highway noise but not really noticeable except middle of the night. Local market nearby and some restaurants and bars. Only 27 miles to Parker AZ and about the same to Quartzsite AZ and I-10.

The price is right!

Very nice spot on the California side of the Colorado river. No hookups, but nice tables & gravel lots. If you have your lifetime passport for American parks it’s only 2.50 a night! Can’t beat that! I loved the river and watching the duck, roadrunners, and quail. I didn’t however see any donkeys which was disappointing.

An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Flat, open, lots of people

Easy to get to, free, but bring something so you can go #2 Privately and comfortably.

Wide Open Area!

Scaddan Wash is a 14 day camping area with NO amenities. Very close to town for everything you need though. Road noise from I-8 at all times, but after a few days it becomes background noise. :) Beautiful sunsets and sunrises if you get up early!  Pretty level area too. Good cell for Verizon, ATT and TMobile although the more people the more the towers in Quartzsite become congested and in time it will slow down service.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

What a gem!

We showed up after dark and the camp host came right out to welcome us and show us to our site. The site I had picked out was very small but right up against the river. The host (Mike?) invited us to change sites to the one at the very end and we couldn't have been luckier! I think it was site 19, but it felt very private but open to the water and had a little walkway to the river so it was like we had a private beach. It was our very first experience RV camping, so we didn't expect any frills and we didn't get any… but it was magical to wake up and walk outside and watch the sunrise!

Don't expect a ton of privacy (although we felt we had some where we were) especially if you're not along the water. This isn't the type of campground for a long stay, but for a shorty trip I would MUCH rather be here than in the RV parking lot type of "campgrounds" for sure.

There is a vault toilet that is simple but clean and the host put a couple DVDs at the info station which I thought was a cute touch. There are great trees along the water's edge but don't expect a lot of shade. Perfect on a clear night to stargaze!

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Lots of things to do!

Little privacy at each site which is to be expected in the desert. Quite a few full timers. Nice laundry, pool, dog area, pickle ball, horseshoes. There's even a pea patch for gardeners.