Camping in Norman

72 Reviews of 12 Norman, Alabama Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Peach Queen campground

When we arrived the grass was very tall. They did mow today. Just not my site as we were occupying it. It has full hook ups. Not very much shade. My site has none. The bathrooms are dirty. The pool is a nice size. It could use a vacuum. There is a decent size jungle gym at the playground. My 8 year…

Site10A
Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not what we hoped for

We stayed in the Antioch loop on site 93. The site was super close to 92 and 94. We felt we had no personal space. A couple kept walking through our campsite to get to a boat they had parked at our site. I love rustic but Antioch was not rustic, it was over grown and did not look maintained. We…

SiteAntioch 93
B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Peacefully Beautiful

We love Deerlick! Nice cleans sites, happy hosts, and clean bathhouse! We can’t wait to get back. The recreation options were endless.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

Not getting better !

They must do a good business. The sites are very close together. Site may have been stoned at one time but now its two tire paths. There is wifi but haven’t tried it. Tmoble signal is not bad. Dish depends on your site.

• we are on the right
David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2021

Great campground

Great campground on the river. Sites have slot of room and are level. River sites are hard to get. Very clean.

David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

One of my favorites

Probably one of the best kept secrets. Very clean and peaceful. Great get away location.

Gregg G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Remote, Affordable USFS campground with Cell service

Payne Lake East is primitive camping that costs $6 dollars a night.  From here you can access the amenities on the west shore.  We are here in mid February and all but one of the full hook up sites on the west side are occupied.  However, on the east side there is only one other camper. The lake is…

• East Side primitive camping
  • Lake view from the dam
  • Pavilion at the swim area
Month of VisitMarch
charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

Pollo L.
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2020

Hidden Gem

What else can you ask for, quiet and isolated. Restroom was nice and clean and camp host was available for any questions. Plenty of firewood to use around the property.

Mark W.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

Peaceful.

Beautiful spot for hiding in the dark and peeking at other campers.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

Peaceful

It’s in the middle of nowhere, but that’s what makes it the perfect getaway.

• Dump Station. Basketball court behind it.
  • Site 29
Greg W.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

I think that this is my favorite

Always enjoy Gunter Hill...plenty of space and scenery is good anytime of the year..we have been here several times..