Equestrian
Hike In
Blakeley State Park is located in Alabama
12 Reviews of Blakeley State Park
Beautiful getaway

Located on a historic battle ground. 21 - 26 miles of trails to hike, bike or horse ride. Gorgeous surroundings.

Peaceful park

We just stayed one night while passing through. It was peaceful and historical. Nice size site. Clean bathrooms and individual locking showers on the back side of the bath house.

Rich in History and Nature

Blakeley State Park could be described as being "frozen in time". There's a lot of cool Civil War history to witness, as well as a beautiful walking path/deck along the bay. We were not expecting the $5/person charge to enter the park, so be sure to come prepared for that. No sign of trash on the ground anywhere throughout the park, so I at least know the money is actually being used for good. Map/trails are a little confusing. We had a hard time navigating the park, but the accidental detour allowed for us to watch a turtle lay eggs in the ground. We also managed to run into someone's pet rabbit-- which you can see in the picture provided. The only other thing you need to know is that there are yellow flies and they do bite hard (and can cause an allergic reaction in some people.) Definitely bring bug spray and sunscreen!

Diverse! Great trails, walking and mountain biking, fishing! History!

Good tent and off grid camp sites. Also a few hook up sites available. Even though it’s just a few miles to grocery, restaurants, and shopping once you’re inside the park you feel like you’re in the wilderness. Very secure and good fishing, hiking, biking, and historic battlefield to explore. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Cool to visit

I went here once as a kid and I remember it being cool to see the bunkers and stuff but there wasn’t much to do but it was close so I would go back for sure.. I do remember it being very spacious though.

Great place to hike and learn about history

There are bathrooms and bath houses, fairly secluded campsites, along with 26 miles of trails which are easy to moderate with a flat surface.

You will walk through historic civil war sites, trails that were once the streets of the town of Blakeley. A beautiful hike on boardwalks along the Blakeley River then through a swamp on deep into woods amongst ancient oaks.

Historical beauty

Fun for the whole family

the battle of Blakely

great campground and nature trails. They are in the process of devloping mountain bike trails. watch out for the ticks they seem to take over in the warmer months!

Very large park, hiking, camping, battlegrounds

Blakely State Park is a very large State Park, with different choices for camping. There are larger primitive tent sites, smaller tent sites with power/water hookups, RV sites, two primitive cabins and 2 newer cabins which are very nice. There's TONS of hiking, a battleground for history buffs, a playground, a boatdock, lots of hiking, horseback riding etc.

I stayed in one of the two Squirrels Nest, which are primitive cabins. Basically open air cabins. 2 walls, a roof and 2 walls of screens. There are two wooden platforms for beds. A twin and a queen, and barstools to sit inside and look out into the woods, over the hill in which they are nestled. There's a sink (but no water) and a cabinet, and outside a large deck with bench seating. Below is a fire pit and picnic table. There is a shared porta potty outside of the two cabins. These cabins are a bit of a drive out in the woods, so make sure your vehicle is up to it. It's very peaceful out there. My cabin was inhabited by mice at night, so I kept my food in airtight plastic paint bucket containers & my belongings covered by garbage bags on one of the platforms and had my air mattress inside a pop-up mosquito tent, so the mice did not bother me. I was after all in their house. I sprinkled peppermint oil around my gear & my bed platform to keep the mice away. Next time I will have my food in a large cooler so that the wildlife is not attracted.

There are hiking trails by these sites, as well as, steps down the hill, leading off into another trail.

i would stay there again. Great place to get away.

Civil war history and beautiful scenery

When you think Alabama this is the kind of beauty you imagine. The water, huge oak and cypress trees, Spanish moss, boardwalks are all lovely to explore. The Civil War history is interesting and the rangers are well-versed in history (I think they have reenactments sometimes). Great hiking trails (all easy, not too long) that are horse friendly (BYOH). There’s a nature center and lots of different ecosystems.

Yay: Campgrounds are shaded in fairly dense forests for good privacy. They have simple campsites to full RV campsites, all have a fire ring and similar atmosphere. There are a few different campgrounds, one is tent only. They also have relatively new camping shelters that get you out of the bugs.

Nay: Close to Mobile so can be crowded. A little expensive for camping. Some areas have just a pit toilet and some have full flush.

Surprise: amazing cruises along the Delta with lots of wildlife viewing and history!! They have sunset cruises, seafood cruises, and seasonal themed cruises. Definitely the highlight of visiting this whole area. Loved the boardwalk.