Fires Unknown

Picnic Site

National Forest
Firehole Picnic Site is located in Ashley National Forest in Wyoming
Directions
From Vernal, Utah, take U.S. 191 north about 95 miles, passing through Dutch John, to Forest Road 106. Go west on Forest Road 106 for about 10 miles to the campground. From Manila, Utah, take Highway 44 toward Highway 43. Take Highway 43 to I-80. Take I-80 east about 13.5 miles to the junction with U.S. 191. Turn south on U.S. 191 and continue 13 miles to Forest Road 106. Take Forest Road 106 west about 10 miles to the campground. From Rock Springs, Wyoming, take I-80 west toward Green River about 6 miles to the junction with U.S. 191/Flaming Gorge Road. Take U.S. 191 13 miles south. From U.S. 191, go west on Forest Road 106 about 10 miles to the campground.
2 Reviews of Firehole Picnic Site
Not that grear

Too much trash around it

Fire Hole Canyon Campground...who whould have known?

We were on our way to Glacier National Park, and were tired of driving for the day. We ended up taking a random road with a camping sign that lead us down to Flaming Gorge Reservoir, and to a pretty amazing little campground! I am so glad we ended up at File Hole Canyon campground, and wish that we could have spent more than one night here! Beautiful high desert scenery, and cozy campsites with fire rings, cabanas, and picnic tables awaited us. A very friendly camp host made sure that we were all settled and had everything we needed. There were even showers (weird, tiny showers, but showers none the less). I highly recommend making the trip to Fire Hole Canyon, and staying to do some boating, fishing, and hiking.