Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
The Travel Camp is located in Wyoming
4 Reviews of The Travel Camp
Lots to do around Green River WY

Paved lots, quiet, friendly staff, a river to play in and lots of siteseeing to do

Relax to the highway noise.

Picture a bit of ground between a fence and a pile of wood with the sounds of trucks whirling past. If that sounds good to you then this is your place!

Why do highway campgrounds give tent campers the stick? Seriously? The tent sites are along a fence bordering the highway… at least put the tents on the other side of the campground and put the RVs with insolation along the busy road. We were travelling across the US and called ahead and booked a tent site and when we arrived late we were directed down two closed roads by Google and another by Apple Maps… finally we arrived at this place and we were very disappointed with the tent site.

The bathrooms were very clean and new and the whole place looks as if it is undergoing a major revamp, but if you have a tent I might think twice.

An easy stop

The Travel Camp is a good place to stop if you’re short on options and don’t want to remove yourself too far from I-80. There are about 8 tent sites: basic sand-filled plot, grill, showers, and toilets nearby. The sand is hard so you better have a decent sleeping pad. The office closes at eight, so you need to check in before then- $27.50 for one night of tent camping. The highway is very close so you will definitely hear trucks throughout the night and sometimes the ground may rumble a bit. I was hoping to camp in a dispersed site but I couldn’t locate anything nearby, so the Travel Camp proved a welcome option as night fell.

Love it everytime!

Sweet place! Totally affordable! Electric tent sites, 50 yds from the river, there is highway noise but our movie tuned it out, stayed multiple times to and fro across the country, kayla kills it with hospitality…this is my go to camp for taking I80!