the dyrt
About Interstate State Park
Drive In, Walk In, Boat In
Interstate State Park is located in Saint Croix National Scenic River in Wisconsin
7 Reviews of Interstate State Park
Gorgeous Trails!

This was a last minute camping trip that needed to be near the metro to utilize time. Our site was right next to the shower building but remarkably quiet and with timer lights it wasn't too bright all night long. The trails nearby were gorgeous and a good workout. Will definitely be back soon!

Has everything!

Such a beautiful campground and has anything and everything you could want. Like hiking beautiful trails? It has them. Like birdwatching? There is a specific trail for seeing eagles. Like to swim? Have a picnic at the lake or by the river! Like rock climbing? You can do that here too. Also perfect for camping, kayaking, canoeing, exploring, while being very family-friendly. I also recommend stopping in the visitor center - they have a lot of information about glaciers and how they moved through Wisconsin, as well as interesting information on the area’s logging history.

It’s a gorgeous park; I’ve been there more times than I can count and I never get tired of it.

Great place

Awesome for hiking, site seeing, fishing, camping, all around anything for any outdoor person!

Great for hikers!

I love to camp and hike at Interstate Park. There are many trails, so different hikers can find the right path to enjoy. There is a playground and bathrooms. The setting is stunning in the fall and not many people are around in late September and October. I often see photographers there.

Really cool hiking!

The campsites at this park were average but all of the hiking trails that are easily accessible from the sites really made this campground worth it! Great facilities spread out all over the park and the rangers were great when I was there. Not too buggy and good cell phone service.

Great Area!

This campground gets 5 stars for it's locale alone. Great trails, beutiful rivers and cliffs, and the wonders of the potholes (not the kind you're thinking of). The 2 campgrounds are polar situations. Non-electric loop is quiet and enclosed. The power loop runs right along a 4-lane highway, which you can't really see but for sure will hear. Facilities are mediocre, but passable.

Living on the edge

When we first arrived to Interstate State Park our very first thought was "that this is awful". We hoped that our campsite that we had reserved was not as equals to those on the lower end of the northside, very open space more field like then camp ground to us. And then we came upon our site.With a waterfall on the back side and saint croix river on the other. I could not asked for a better site.