Camping in Milbank

153 Reviews of 22 Milbank, Virginia Campgrounds

Nicholas P.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great campground

The campground are great. The bathrooms are amazingly clean. Like seriously, really clean.

SiteOakridge campground lot A24
Jay L.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Title

Great

G
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Great Place to park your camper!

We enjoy staying at the Americamps Resort in Ashland, VA. The location is ideal for accessing I95 & it’s easy to get in & out of. The park is well maintained & includes pool access & a workout room. The staff are friendly & helpful too!

SiteAmericamps Resort
Barbara P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Rural

Campground is tucked away but has nice large sites, large lake , pool. Friendly staff

Siteorange 5
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Tulip Loop, full hookups!

We took our 1st trip to Point Lookout the 1st week of June, glad we did. Tulip Loop has full hookups which was great, but the sites are basically in a swamp. I think we were there before the mosquitos. I'm sure with all the standing water they'd be everywhere!! We didn't have much cover from trees,…

D
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

A good distraction

Nice, quiet, electric and water close. Before Covid cheap. Bathroom however is nasty and wouldn’t shower there.

SiteB9
Month of VisitOctober
Jacob S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Some amenities; appeared to have some permanent residences.

Main office was closed at the time of visit.   Pool seemed to be well kept.  Miniature golf course was available but appeared to need some maintenance.   Overall small campground, but not a bad place for an overnight stay.

J
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Not a Bad Experience, But Meh

Overall, I’d say this spot would be fine for a stop-over, or even a couple of nights while you explore the area.

Pros: close to many area attractions, decent laundry facilities with playground right outside the laundry (big plus as we have two toddlers), nice office staff

Cons: everything is…

Laure D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Small and typically quiet

We camped here in early June on an unseasonably hot and humid weekend. Our site was the last site available when I made the reservation about 6 weeks prior. Site 9 is next to the bathhouse and across from the dumpsters. Neither was an issue. Sites are very well spaced out and there are only 15 in…

• Marina with 6 ramos
  • boat ramps as seen from bridge
J
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Campground was ok

Campground was fair, nice flat sites, semi wooded. Grass wasnt cut anywhere around our site and camp hosts were not our favorite. Beach was absurdly busy.

Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Hot Spring Trip

Very hot for an early spring trip. Not much shade in the sites here. The trail isn’t shaded either. Store & museum still closed, because of covid I guess. Staff very nice. Camp hosts are pretty much nonexistent as compared to other MD State Parks. I think we’re in a swamp. I assume mosquitos…

Site70 Tulip Loop
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great Weekend Getaway

The campground isn’t too far from where I live but its far enough and quiet enough for a weekend getaway. The bathrooms were nice and clean throughout my stay and looked newly renovated.

K
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great first camp!

Never been camping before- drove in, stayed in Hoffman’s loop. Easy walk to the bathrooms and camp store, 20-ish minute walk to the beach- beach was a huge plus for us. Not too crowded! Bathrooms were also very clean.

• 20 minute walk from campsite
SiteHoffman’s loop 121
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Great place for a quick getaway

We just got back from spending the weekend here. We chose to spend our weekend tent camping and could not have been happier with our decision. My daughter LOVED being able to walk all trails. We were a bit disappointed the boardwalk was closed (but we still loved walking the rest of the trails).…

SiteCampsite C18