The best GROUP camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Craig Springs Camping Reviews
Great facility, whispering pines is far from lake though.

Stayed here in February 2021 at the Whispering Pines camp. Facilities are great, sites are close but not right on top of each other. Camping pads are as expected from state park. Great off-season camping as we shared the whole grounds with only a few other campers.

Only complaints are Whispering Pines is near enough to the main road that you get a lot of road noise, and the walking path to the lake has un-maintained stream crossings, which is probably ok in summer… but not as fun in winter.

Great place for families

Our family has camped here multiple times.  Great place to stay due to clean facilities and well kept sites. The lake is perfect for little ones and even grownup kids. Also love the trails that surround the campground.  Would definitely recommend for a camping trip.

Car camping

My pup and I car camped here last December and it was wonderful. Limited to no AT&T cell service; however, the park rangers drove through the area about twice a night so I always felt safe and knew I could use their phones if needed.

OK For Just an Overnighter

We were here in mid Sept and in site 15. It was a very small site with a half deck. If we had camper with slide, we would not have been able to use our slide in this site. The private shower rooms are nice and clean. The roads are rough dirt and gravel and not conducive to bike riding. They do trash pickup and deliver firewood. Chickens run free thru the campground.

Beautiful Area

We stayed here 4 days and 3 nights in November. We use a teardrop camper so we appreciated the water and electric hookup (although we disconnected the water at night to prevent freezing). The sites are large but there really aren’t trees between sites although we were on a corner and so had some sense of privacy. The bathrooms were incredibly clean and heated. Showers were terrific as well. Staff were kind and knowledgeable. A stream runs beside the campground and the lake, though small, is nice to paddle around in a kayak. We arrived the day after trout stocking and so there were quite a few fishermen in the stream and on the lake. I caught a few large trout in the stream on a fly but it really was a bit like fishing in a barrel. There are many hiking trails nearby with a variety of difficulty. We chose a couple that provided nice views. I imagine it would be a great place for kids.

One of our favorite spots in WV

We camped at Pipestem in a 37' travel trailer. We love this campground. Quiet, well spaced, nice roads for biking. We enjoyed lots of the amenities, including the horseback riding, nature center and giant water inflatables.

Good spot for the night

Stopped by on my way up north. Beautiful view of the river, which was high. There’s 5 pull in sites and 5 walk in tent sites. Multiple bathrooms, including ADA friendly, all clean. There were 2 other campers on a Saturday night, which was nice and quiet. It’s about 5 miles down a nice dirt road, easy to drive on. There’s no AT&T service upon arrival. A few spots you could locate a bar to send a message, but that’s it. Lots of trees to hang a hammock. Each site had a fire ring, picnic table and a pole to hang food from. No electricity or water so be sure to bring your own. Overall, enjoyed my stay!

Small but nice

Did some Jeep camping here in November. Nice bathroom facilities and showers. Very clean. Hiking trails all accessible from the camp areas. My spot had electric and water hook ups.

Great time!

Kids had a blast. Great place, lots of fun!

Excellent

My wife and I like to frequent this campground because it’s not too far from home. It’s usually not crowded. The premium tent sites are huge! Clean bath house. Friendly staff!

One negative, the firewood they sell is next to impossible to light.