The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Collier Camping Reviews
BEAUTIFUL

So… I was planning on camping here in Grayson Highlands and even had a reservation, but when we arrived there was an emergency within the park and we could no longer stay there, but we got fully reimbursed! The rangers were so nice!!! ALthough that was a shame we took a ride around the park and LOVED IT. I will for sure be returning to enjoy this serene park. The trails were extremely icy, but we had arrived during a severe winter storm, but the pictures we had captured were breathtaking. The backpacking trails look well maintained and easy to set camp up in. I personally would prefer to hammock camp while backpacking here because there is a thick brush layer even in late january. Such a shame we missed our opportunity, but had to leave a review because it looked AMAZING.

Nice clean campground

It is very limited for those with rv and no other mode of transportation. Campground is a mile away from main amenities. No garbage pickup or drop off close. Staff was great

Great Spot for hiking & biking with family

We stayed here on a fall trip to Pigeon Forge. Great little campground with a nice biking/hiking trail along the lake. Kids had a great time!

Small but nice

Did some Jeep camping here in November. Nice bathroom facilities and showers. Very clean. Hiking trails all accessible from the camp areas. My spot had electric and water hook ups.

Yurt camping

This was a great stay in a YURT! Stayed at the end of November and it was cold but nice. The camp facilities are clean with showers. The ranger station had supplied and lots of information. They had fire wood at the camp ground for $6/pile. Hiking trails are accessible from the camp grounds so no need to drive.

Wild Ponies.....

Grayson Highlands State Park is just one of those places you love! The views are awesome, the trails excellent and then there’s wild ponies ! I brought my daughter and granddaughter with me this time and we all had a very good visit. My granddaughter got such a thrill out of meeting wild ponies and there were so many babies, it was so much fun ;) The campground is quiet and the sites are mostly shaded. There’s good separation between sites, though some are a little more open then others. There are a few sites where you are literally sitting on the edge of a very steep drop off, I avoid these ! There are Trailhead’s within the campground and several other very unique and challenging trails. The shower house was a short walk through the trees. The camp Host was across the road from the shower house and next to the dump site. He had firewood on site and was very helpful and informative. No water sports here , but lotsa hiking and stars.

Nice

Very nice setting. Beautiful camp spots in an open area on top of a mountain. Clean bath house. Great hiking trails. Friendly staff.

Family Favorite

Hungry Mother is one of my family’s favorite camp grounds. We usually go camping there once a year. They also have a great place to swim and fish.

Beauty in the mountains

Lovely hike with the most beautiful views of both wildlife and the mountain scenery

Out there

Our campsite was clean and quiet. Close to the bathhouse. The full hookups are just so far from the main park.