The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Stryker Creek Junction , TEXAS

Most Recent Stryker Creek Junction Camping Reviews
👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd suggest getting here with some daylight to find a site if coming on a weekend. I would suggest getting firewood in Alto(15 minutes away) at Custom Cut Lumber. You can get pine firewood at 20 bucks a pickup load. It's self load but a really great deal.

Great overnight

I am a touring cyclist. I stopped here for an overnight. Small shelter I set up my tent under as there was rain in the area. A lot of trash in the area.

Tip:… if cycling the area. About a mile west of this camping area there is a pipe coming out of the ground on the north side of the road. Spewing cold potable water. Great place to fill water bottles if you can find it.

Good camping area

At least 14 sites with picnic tables on concrete slabs. Fire rings and Lantern poles. Very well kept and mowed. There is a loafing barn for horses. No bathrooms or water. Would be a 5 with just water. You need a Texas parks Limited use permit. It costs as little as $12 a year. If you want to fish or hunt the price goes up a little. Can be used to stay at any National Forest or Wild Management area.

quiet and very primitive

There's not much to this campground, although it is very beautiful with enormous loblolly pines. This is a primitive campsite. There's no water, no electricity, not bathrooms, etc. Just an area you can use to set up tents or hammocks. We met a nice older fella who said he comes there every day and builds a fire at dusk, stays for a little bit, then leaves.

We bikes from the Ratcliff Recreational Area and we had to cache water.

Small primitive campground adjacent to horseback riding trails.

Small primitive campground adjacent to horseback riding trails.

I believe this is the same campground reviewed under 566 Piney Creek. This is a small primitive camping area in the Davy Crockett National Forest. There’s a small covered pavilion and shady sites. Sites are first come and fees are paid at the campground. The camp is a great place to camp and ride the adjacent horse trails. The trails are nice but not well marked.

This is a basic small camping area with shady sites

Beautiful piney forests

We took our kids and set up camp in a spot tucked away from the main dirt road. The camp site was serene and there was a hiking trail nearby. We car camped with two toddlers and they had a blast.