Fires Unknown
National Wildlife Refuge
Buffalo Lake National Wildlife Refuge is located in Texas
2 Reviews of Buffalo Lake National Wildlife Refuge
FREE Texas Camping With Plains Views

I have an America The Beautiful Pass so with this I was able to stay here for FREE!! I love finding sites where I get to use the full benefits of my annual pass it makes it all the. more sweet!!

When we drove to this site the road was even and able to easily be navigated over with my small car. I wasn't sure if there would be a site for a tent, but there was more than enough room for us to spread out and be comfortable. This isn't a RV only type of site!!

It was a great nature watching site with views of the Great Plains of Texas in a way that made them more interesting than just a flat landscape while driving through this area of Texas, which is what you typically experience when traveling the panhandle.

There is also a driving tour route which makes of a great way to experience to full potential of this Wildlife Refuge site.

While amenities are limited there is a restroom which is open always and picnic tables are available. There is a 7 day limit to stay at this location which was posted on the main kiosk when we entered. We spent a single night here and only saw one other camper.

Paradise in Texas

What a neat place to camp. With a National Parks Pass you can camp here for free. So peaceful with walking trails that were really nice. There was only one other group there when we were there at the end of May. Pit toilets are available. Area isn't paved (but dirt/gravel road throughout that shouldn't be an issue for any car).