Stryker Creek Junction , TEXAS

Most Recent Stryker Creek Junction Camping Reviews
Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Tyler State Park

Stayed here October 9-13, 2020. We got reservations in August. Temps were perfect. 50 types of birds. Rode  all the mountain bike trails. Trails are mostly intermediate with only a few difficult spots.

Tent Camping: Everything but peace and quiet, bring ear plugs.

Hear me out :D The Park itself is very beautiful and the staff there are some of the nicest hosts you will encounter at a SP. Bathrooms were clean, and the showers were nice as well. Our issue was that Tent camping is primarily offered on the south side of the park. Which as the crow flies is about 1 mile from I20. So throughout the night the constant rumble of cars on the highway can keep you up most of the night. Then you have the local Emergency Services. Sirens down the park road and on i20. This is the perfect day use SP for the Trails and water sports. Also looks like it would be prefect for RV camping.

10 mile long trail! Mtb/hike

From beginners to people who like to sweat, the trails out at Tyler State park are some of the best in the area. 5 loops to choose from. Loops C, and D have some good uphills for leg burning fun, and the downs are fast. Day trips are only $6, or camp overnight! Great place to get some well needed relaxation. Beautiful park with large sky scraping pine trees and gorgeous flowing creeks. I’ve come here all year round and it’s always a joy.

Lots of stuff to do!

I tent camped and there were alot of trails, alot of activities to do and the water was alittle on the chilly side but was still nice!

Best place to stay in Tyler!

Well taken care of park. All the rv spots are nice. Family and pet friendly. The bathrooms are nice. And the bait shop has everything you forgot at home. 10/10!!

Primitive Camping

My wife and I did our first camp at Martin Creek Lake state park the other week. It was a great smaller state park. We highly recommend their primitive camping option on the island. Remember to bring your wagon, the parking lot is a good 70 yards to the camp sites.

New Favorite State Park

We stayed at the primitive campgrounds on the island and it was just perfect. The entire park was booked up for Friday night, and we got the very last site. I really lucked out with this spot I was so happy to be on the island. There was this factory next door but it added a weird sort of atmosphere that I liked. When we hiked the trail around the island and it was just gorgeous. The closest bathrooms were the best I’ve seen at a park, but they didn’t hav showers, but that wasn’t a big deal for one night. I didn’t get to see the rest of the park but if it’s anything like the island it’ll be amazing.

Hard to Beat!

Hard to beat for $13/night (annual pass rate), hiking trails are decent, bathrooms are some of the cleanest in Texas and the staff were some of the best!

Nice park

Nice sites near the water. Friendly staff. Some trails. Good lake to canoe, kayak, paddle boat and fish.