The best BOAT IN camping near
Stryker Creek Junction , TEXAS

Most Recent Stryker Creek Junction Camping Reviews
Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than usually afforded

• restrooms and showers were clean.

• Access to hacking trails in the national forest

• Easy access to food/fuel/firewood

• A large variety of species for birdwatching

• Small lake with deck for launching kayaks or SUPs

There was not water at every site, so bring a longer hose and be ready to fill your tanks or containers.

Road noise from highway was audible, but not too distracting.

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!

Tyler State Park

Stayed here October 9-13, 2020. We got reservations in August. Temps were perfect. 50 types of birds. Rode  all the mountain bike trails. Trails are mostly intermediate with only a few difficult spots.

Tent Camping: Everything but peace and quiet, bring ear plugs.

Hear me out :D The Park itself is very beautiful and the staff there are some of the nicest hosts you will encounter at a SP. Bathrooms were clean, and the showers were nice as well. Our issue was that Tent camping is primarily offered on the south side of the park. Which as the crow flies is about 1 mile from I20. So throughout the night the constant rumble of cars on the highway can keep you up most of the night. Then you have the local Emergency Services. Sirens down the park road and on i20. This is the perfect day use SP for the Trails and water sports. Also looks like it would be prefect for RV camping.

10 mile long trail! Mtb/hike

From beginners to people who like to sweat, the trails out at Tyler State park are some of the best in the area. 5 loops to choose from. Loops C, and D have some good uphills for leg burning fun, and the downs are fast. Day trips are only $6, or camp overnight! Great place to get some well needed relaxation. Beautiful park with large sky scraping pine trees and gorgeous flowing creeks. I’ve come here all year round and it’s always a joy.

Lots of stuff to do!

I tent camped and there were alot of trails, alot of activities to do and the water was alittle on the chilly side but was still nice!