The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Steen Camping Reviews
Great lil spot

Great spot to relax and have peace and quiet. Pre ordered fire wood. They had it already at my site. I was escorted to my site and given the run down. Only stayed for one night but I could stay here for a couple weeks. A few full time workers but you only see them early in morning or late at night.

A quiet little Gem!

What a gem of a park! We only stayed one night so I did not get to use any amenities except for the DOG Park! What a wonderful amenity with the automatic lights for after dark. Park was very clean and quiet. The way the site was set up was truly delightful. Picnic table in just the right place, Oak tree in just the right place, outdoor decorative lighting, awesome fire pit. I really wish I had time to stay longer. This place will be a“must” stay the next time I come thru. Highly recommend!

Nice small park

This is the Lockhart state park and you can reserve online through the state park site. Check in is simple and easy access. There are 2 small loops for RV’s each with about 10 sites. One loop is full hookups with 50amp and the other is water&electric only with much smaller sites. We are pulling a 35’ 5th wheel and fit ok but the sites are not deep. The sites are also not super level and our site #2 sloped back. Decent hiking trails and a creek with fish runs through the park. There is also a 9hole golf course too.

Friendly and convenient

We stopped here for an overnight stop on our road trip. The staff was very helpful when we called to reserve a spot earlier in the day. The park is clean with level spots. It looks like there are a lot of people who stay for extended periods. We got a neat treat at check-in with recommendations for more treats in town. The office also has a cute shop with the basics, if you need them, and some gifts. There are also a couple of cabins available if you don't have a camper.

Cute little park

Beautiful and fun little state park with a 9 hole golf course, a swimming pool and nearby #1 Texas barbeque

Goliad state park

I’m from Goliad, so whenever I feel like getting outdoors I can just drive 15 minutes down the road to the park and enjoy a day hike or a weekend out in the woods. The park is awesome lots of Historic sites and lots of history in such a small town. The park has Tent sites, small cabins for rent and restrooms with showers that are always clean. They also have RV hook ups with plenty of room and shade trees. The nature trail is nice too. Definitely recommend for anyone that has not visited before.

Family fun state park

This is a great park for families. There is all kinds of activities like biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, a playground, kayak/paddle board rentals, etc. The campground is small for RVs, only about 19 sites and there’s a few with full sewer hookups, the rest with water/electric. The sites on the outer loop are spaced out a bit more then the sites on the inner loop. We had some noisy neighbors with loud music but otherwise I would guess it’s a pretty tame park.. highly recommend and we’ll be back!

Riverside RV Park, Victoria, Texas

The city of Victoria operates a very nice RV park adjoining the city’s recreational complex. 18 pull through sites have full hookups and are generously spaced. Cost is $12.00 per night and all sites are “first come, first served”. 50 amp service is available on each site.

The park is located within a park and adjacent to the park is a paved walking/biking path that if taken to the south, leads over to the Guadalupe River. Along the river is a 18 hole City golf course, minor league baseball field, duck pond and a children’s museum. All beautiful landscaped and maintained by the city of Victoria.

I highly recommend this park and I would certainly stay here again in the future!!

June Sunday Getaway

3 friends got away for the day. Small hike down to the river with a cooler of beer. Only a few other throughout the morning but started to get packed after 1pm. Water was clear and cool. Will definitely be back.

Tight RV loop w/smelly drinking water

We camped here for 3 nights with reservations made 151 days prior to arriving. 19 RV sites in the RV camping loop with sites"inside" the loop fairly close to one another. Outside loop sites had nice distance between sites. No vegetation between sites to shield from neighbors. Park headquarters check-in is in the village of Ottine. There are no security gates. Quiet campground- no road noise. A distant train whistle from time to time. Coyotes howled every night. The only wildlife we saw were squirrels. Narrow roadway from FM 2091 to RV campground. Water had a sulfur smell. The toilet/shower facility was VERY clean. This facility is not only utilized by the 19 campsites but also day users of the trails and CCC pavilion. So a lot of traffic thru this facility, especially on weekends. This speaks volumes of the camp hosts who we saw cleaning frequently. Shady campsites are narrow, fairly level asphalt pads with trees near the edges causing creative parking for those with slide-outs. We were unable to deploy our awning due to the number of close trees. Ice and firewood for sale at the camp host site. Eight different trails available within this park. Longest 1.25 miles. Very good condition. Crushed granite and boardwalks. Beautiful CCC constructed pavilion with a terrific view of the San Marcos River from the back patio. Never saw a park ranger drive through the RV campground during our stay.