Camping in Sand Lake

43 Reviews of 11 Sand Lake, Texas Campgrounds

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Resort Style Camping

This is literally the best campground for families. There are tons of activities, games, crafts, pools, petting zoo, water park, and more. We love it here. We will come again soon!

Kayla L.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Family Oriented Camping

My kids are already asking when we are coming back. The owners and staff are super friendly. The water park kept my kids happy the entire weekend. Only drawback was not open past 5 pm but I understand why (they do private parties). Plenty activities for kids. They set up a movie night on the…

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Safe

Gated. Level pads. Quiet. Dog park. Play ground. Wifi. Cable. Lake.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Had site ? Saw handicap, No site

The first time in my life experienced a site being available, then the site was no longer available oddly after the front desk party so my handicap.

First time I ever experienced this it was very surreal.

Sitesite bizarrely went away
Month of VisitJanuary
L
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Family Fun

This typically isn’t our type of park but the kids enjoyed it. We went in October and they had some fun Halloween activities. Site was pull through but pretty tight and close to neighbor. Probably worth paying for premium. Nice large dog park and clean restrooms/bathhouse.

Month of VisitNovember
Rebecca H.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Well Kept Grounds with Lots to Do

We stayed one night in our RV in this spacious RV resort. My kids had fun fishing and playing on the playground and LOVED that we could rent a golf cart. The pad for the RV was level, with a nice amount of space between sites. Good value for the cost.

drew S.
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Quiet

Stayed here last weekend, the 2 primitive spots are completely separated and private from the rest. Already reserved the same spot for a few weeks from now

Alexa E.
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

The six flags of all jellystones

We are from Houston and I opt to drive 4 hours to this one in burleson. Waller is good fun but that park does not compare to this site. The website doesn’t do burleson/n Texas jellystone justice for how good it actually is. Bring bikes!

Cactus A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great place !!

Me and my wife loved this place. Great bike trails . Friendly staff and lovely sites, each pretty secluded from eachother. Also they have electric and water hookups. Dont know why it says no electric on this site . Would rate it a 5 star if it had full hookups but we had to use the dump station.…

Dani K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2021

Grassy, open, kinda noisy

Very pretty lake views and tons of grass. My dog loved going for runs through the grass (while on her leash).

They had some showers and toilets working again when I went. Hot water was very nice! Not the cleanest bathrooms but not the worst either.

Sites had electricity, water, and covered picnic…

J
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2021

Excellent Place to Camp

Beautiful, well maintained area.  Beach, campgrounds, boat ramp, trails, paddling, fishing (with TX license), watercraft rentals and playground. Camping $25-40.

SiteHog Wallow 321
Month of VisitApril
J
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Great spot right on the water

We stayed for a night in site 40 on our way south. The site was large and right by the water. The bathroom in that little loop had been destroyed by vandals, but there was a really nice one the next loop over. Will definitely stay here again if we’re in the area.

Jerod S.
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Very Quite Weekend

Nothing to complain about. There was only 1 other camper within eye sight. Pretty site with water front views.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

Hey BooBoo

Great fun family park. Lots for everyone to do from the water park, paintball, hayrides, fishing and more. Nice little camp store

Rachel J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we…