The best DRIVE IN camping near
Saint Paul , TEXAS

Most Recent Saint Paul Camping Reviews
Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

Perfect Spot by the Lake

I'm surprised no one else has reviewed this place yet, it is awesome! Other than the occasional local on their boats making noise, this place was pretty serene. The drive to the location is very rural once you exit 45. Many nice folks in the community here were waving at me when I drove by.

I decided to stay here because it was free and I did not feel like driving further to Dallas. There are porta potties available stocked with toilet paper. There are 3 or 4 small roads to take once you get inside, which lead you towards the lake. You can get an RV inside a few of the spots without obscuring entry for other vehicles. There is one large patio for events and has seating for about 25 people.

There are fish in the lake, one foot long dead floating bass was right in front of me. Plenty of smaller fish dancing on the water. There are areas to bbq as well. A couple docks you can walk off that are small and can cast a fishing rod.

The place was decently busy for a hidden gem, though I was the only person on my side of the area. I was there on a Saturday so perhaps during the week it is more quiet.

This was one of my favorite places I've stayed at in Texas so far (haven't been to a lot of locations so far in the state) and would definitely return again with better preparation and additional family members and friends.

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer season.

Close to Mission Tejas State Park and Ratcliff Lake Recreational Area (showers). 4C Trail southern trailhead is located in Ratcliff Lake RA. I've also accessed the trail from where it crosses FM277 (there is a FS dirt road just south of that crossing on the east side).

Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than usually afforded

• restrooms and showers were clean.

• Access to hacking trails in the national forest

• Easy access to food/fuel/firewood

• A large variety of species for birdwatching

• Small lake with deck for launching kayaks or SUPs

There was not water at every site, so bring a longer hose and be ready to fill your tanks or containers.

Road noise from highway was audible, but not too distracting.

Excellent state park

Huge site! Water frontage to die for. Be warned tho.. no At&T. Dead zone, so plan ahead. Other carriers unknown

Fisherman Paradise....Not for Everyone

The front guardhouse/entrance is extra campy. Low light and decorated with 69 yo 74lb catch pictures. This is by far the most fisherman geared Texas State Park we have been to and it's our 12th!

The playground is nicer than expected. The tr ails are well-marked.

A quirk of this park are the neighbors. You drive by 8 plus mailboxes while inside the State Park. An abandoned home half collapsed is seen from the roadway. So that's unique.

Beautiful and generally well kept. It's an older style but they have a newer playground area next to the old one.

For a family I give this a 2. For Fisherman a 5. For everyone else a 3.

Awesome campground

Always clean, quiet and very friendly staff.

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Tiny campground in the pines

We have camped here twice, both times in winter. In 2007 and 2017. Last time was over Christmas break and our group were the only ones in the park other than a few daytime visitors. 2020 has definitely changed that! 😂 When we were there last the water heater in the bathroom wasn’t working so the water was freezing 🥶 temperatures were in the 40’s. I just love the smell of the piney woods and when the sky is clear the stars are bright.

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!