Murdo , TEXAS

Most Recent Murdo Camping Reviews
Couldn't get level

Really wanted to stay here, $15 a night for full hookup. The sites need some work. We have a 26 for class C without jacks and it was almost impossible to get even close to level, finally have up and went to another park.

What a well kept park!

Just passing thru on trip to Nebraska. arrived early evening, the parking area is really well kept and the gravel parts are 95% level, we didn't need to do any additional leveling. I believe all sites are full hookup. It was February all we needed was 30 amp electric. Sprouts definitely stay here again

Yes it really is that big

This campground is great looks like it’s lots of fun in the summer. We only stayed 1 night but we did have a limo pick us up and take us to the steak house. Very nice staff full hook ups heated indoor pool.

Nice Reliable Campground

Our Second Stay here.   Passing thru both times.   Sites are large FHU, pull-through.   Propane, a small food service, nearby Diesel and convenience stores - right along Route 66.

Very clean, very accommodating facility.  Good dog area.  Super clean.

Comfortable safe overnight stop

We went in the winter so can’t comment on the pools or anything like that. But it was fine for a quick overnight stop. We got a AAA discount which was nice. Checked in late which was no problem at all and the staff was accommodating. It did smell a bit like cows so I guess there’s probably a feed lot somewhere nearby.

The site was HUGE and flat and paved in concrete. A reasonably clean bathroom and laundry room was adjacent in one of the several restrooms scattered around. Men’s room closest was closed. There’s a small gift shop up front with Texas themed items and a few rv supplies. It’s also only a very short ride to the Cadillac Ranch.

It’s one of those parks where all the campers are close to each other and lined up in long rows and of course Amarillo is flat flat flat with few trees so it isn’t very picturesque. I think they have well over 100 sites. I spotted many full time residents.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. It isn’t a destination all by itself but it was very convenient.

Windy af.

The campground was okay. The sites are pretty close together but it wasn’t busy when we were there. Toilets & showers were clean and it’s awesome that the whole thing is free. BUT (!!!) people had mentioned before that it gets windy there. And it sure does. We couldn’t get any sleep because our the wind shook our roof top tent all night long. It was incredibly loud. There are no trees or structures that block the wind.

The Best Stumble-Upon Spot!

This place is free and has some sites with both water/hookups and some dry camping. The views are so sick and I had no idea Texas had spots to offer like this (Midwesterner here lol). Fun to watch the deer down by the shore. Cool lil trails and loved the sunrises here, I parked right on the edge. I was at a site with hookups for a few hours (self converted camper van but sometimes I just hook up to the 20a/put my batteries on trickle charger). Some lady w a fifth wheel came up and said I was in her spot tho I’m pretty sure she duped me bc it’s free/aren’t reservations lol. Didn’t put up a fight. No problem camping dry with a better view!! Will be back when traversing TX again.

Great spot and steaks

We were just passing through, I wanted a good steak and a rest, we got both. Very convenient easy off and on to 40. The steakhouse delivers to campsite, so that was perfect. I didn't have to disconnect, nice level sites. Got early start back on journey next morning. We look forward to stopping here again! No I didn't order the roast, just a quality steak cooked perfectly. Great job, Big Texan!

Quick easy access with great staff

Quick and easy access in and out. There’s a brand new loves opening in a couple days within walking distance. Small fenced pet run with larger pet area next to it for leashed dogs. In terms of a one night stay, 5/5 for the price. Longer term stays a little lacking in the individual spot ammendities like grass and trees.

Windy and free

Nice free campground with hot showers