Holly Springs , TEXAS

Most Recent Holly Springs Camping Reviews
Great for a family get away!

Pretty cool play ground, trails to explore, covered picnic tables in the swim area, nice fishing piers. A really cool SP.

Can't beat for Price

Very out and the open! Hard for rigs to pull into, soft ground, and potholes in the dirt road. Site are very close together, first come first serve. Has electric and water at ever site tho! $6 a night is a steal, I have the America is Beautiful/interagency pass and only pay $3 a night. Saves you 50% at each park, for sale online for $80 annually. 03/23/21 the bathrooms are still locked due to the 9 degree freeze they had busted the pipes and month ago. Amphitheater is cool for pics, but looks rotten and never used. Pavillion has fireplace and never in use. Behind the fireplace if you walk directly behind it about 300ft into a trail that runs into a creek, to your right will be old native American stone work stairs ( i posted a video) thats very cool. Also posted a video about the national foxhound graveyard that host the best of America's foxhounds. Also super cool. What isn't cool is when you got the fireflies and the campfire and the crickets, and mellows and dogs roasting, then, booom!!!! Here comes big rigs flying thur your ambience at 80mph loud AF just 100 feet away from all campsites. There is a major road that cuts the camp into two. Kills the whole "nature" feel! All night long!!! Bluebonnets are in full swing, so are the woodpeckers, red cardinals, blue Jay's, no coons or squirrels tho. Left food out the whole week, not a thing got into our bread or food. There is a cute grey kitty here, she comes every night and eats my dogs leftovers. Coyotes due there howling at different locations every 🌙, but no worries here. Ample wood for burning, I'm not kidding. Bring ur ax! Piles and piles at every 🌳 line. No snakes that I've seen, but spiders. And little maggots keep falling from the trees to our hammock and chairs. They did a prescribed burn 🔥 while we were here. Didnt inform us either. But that's seasonal. Host is lonely and bored, loves to talk, kinda deaf. Gotta yell. But nice guy overall. Cell service for Verizon is very sliw, AT&T is marginal at best,, Sprint/Tmobile is great. Well, thats all folks, hope I could be of help.

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

Best place to stay in Tyler!

Well taken care of park. All the rv spots are nice. Family and pet friendly. The bathrooms are nice. And the bait shop has everything you forgot at home. 10/10!!

Primitive Camping

My wife and I did our first camp at Martin Creek Lake state park the other week. It was a great smaller state park. We highly recommend their primitive camping option on the island. Remember to bring your wagon, the parking lot is a good 70 yards to the camp sites.

New Favorite State Park

We stayed at the primitive campgrounds on the island and it was just perfect. The entire park was booked up for Friday night, and we got the very last site. I really lucked out with this spot I was so happy to be on the island. There was this factory next door but it added a weird sort of atmosphere that I liked. When we hiked the trail around the island and it was just gorgeous. The closest bathrooms were the best I’ve seen at a park, but they didn’t hav showers, but that wasn’t a big deal for one night. I didn’t get to see the rest of the park but if it’s anything like the island it’ll be amazing.

Hard to Beat!

Hard to beat for $13/night (annual pass rate), hiking trails are decent, bathrooms are some of the cleanest in Texas and the staff were some of the best!

Nice park

Nice sites near the water. Friendly staff. Some trails. Good lake to canoe, kayak, paddle boat and fish.

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY !!!

Unbelievable experience right from the start we were welcomed like we were family. The staff at Shirley creek marina are awesomely amazing people who helped us multiple times on our stay. I HIGHLY recommend staying at Shirley Creek Mariner. It’s very easy to find excellent access to hookups for your RV or Travel trailer. Beautiful views quiet tranquil surroundings and an overwhelming sense of community. We will be going back as many times as we can. You have to go visit it’s not something you wanna miss. Thank you Shirley Creek Marina.

Great weekend getaway

Took the grandson and we had a blast . Lots of fishing and swimming. Wasn't to impressed with trails