The best BOAT IN camping near
Holly Springs , TEXAS

Most Recent Holly Springs Camping Reviews
Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Great for a family get away!

Pretty cool play ground, trails to explore, covered picnic tables in the swim area, nice fishing piers. A really cool SP.

Cool Forest, Not Really a Campground

This area was filled with people and their ATVs. There is one long road that has a few pulloffs along the way until you hit the end which is the Nueces river. There are 3-4 very small camping spots next to each other, and one of them seemed to have a permanent resident with an establishment that took days to build. Obviously I did not want to camp next to people, especially looking right at their tent and campsite. I can see the road having issues when the rainy season arrives for smaller vehicles, but it is manageable. The forest is nice but does not have enough trails. There is a firebreak you can follow but that's about it, or ATV roads. Supposedly a hunting area so be careful if you are trying to do dispersed camping. Overall I stayed here for a few hours and realized it wasn't worth camping at and moved on to a better location an hour away.

The place was very busy, even for a Saturday.

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than usually afforded

• restrooms and showers were clean.

• Access to hacking trails in the national forest

• Easy access to food/fuel/firewood

• A large variety of species for birdwatching

• Small lake with deck for launching kayaks or SUPs

There was not water at every site, so bring a longer hose and be ready to fill your tanks or containers.

Road noise from highway was audible, but not too distracting.

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!

Best place to stay in Tyler!

Well taken care of park. All the rv spots are nice. Family and pet friendly. The bathrooms are nice. And the bait shop has everything you forgot at home. 10/10!!