The best TENT SITES camping near
Escobas , TEXAS

Most Recent Escobas Camping Reviews
Falcon State Park

We stayed here for 15 nights in February 2021. The park itself is beautiful. Walking trails, dirt trails you can drive your truck on to the lake and the lake is beautiful. The place is so clean and well maintained. There are deer, javelinas, buffalo and mountain lions that walk through your site and tons of birds to see. We were told it's a Fisherman's paradise. VERY busy on weekends with boaters. At the time we visited they were only allowing every other site to be occupied due to social distancing. It gave us tons of room between the pull through u-shaped sites. The sites well that's the problem. Sites 201-231 are sloped badly. If your rig is 20ft and under you probably won't have an issue. However, larger rigs beware. It was impossible for us to level our 40ft 5th wheel on our reserved site 230. Our drivers side wheels came off the ground and we had to abort auto leveling as the front jack's were fully extended and still trying to level. The staff is aware of the leveling issue and allowed us to park between 2 sites. (BTW the rangers are very nice and helpful.) We still needed blocks under a leveling jack and had to park our passenger side tires off the blacktop site on the dirt to level. Also, the narrow u-shaped sites are difficult to pull in and out of due to large wooden poles that protect the hookups on both sides of the site. When the park's at full capacity I can see large rigs really having issues. In fact one 5th wheel got caught on one of the poles and it had to be cut down to get the rig off of it.

There is no wifi available but our Verizon cell and hotspot worked great. The park is in the middle of nowhere. The closest stores are over 20 miles away. We like being away from things so we didn't mind.

Nice experience

Camped in the non electric section, sites well spaced out, covered table, shower and flushed toilet. Good walking trails. $16 for 2 which included admission. Very few campers

Quaint and quiet

Great home away from home and super clean laundry. Excellent helpful staff and best place in the area. Will return!

Hot & Sandy

Most of the pull thru sites are not level, we have auto level on our 5th wheel and the driver side tires were 3” off the ground. During COVID they are only booking every other site which helped with us fitting into our site. They do have a covered picnic tank engine at each site. Handy park if you’re there to fish. Would try somewhere else in the future.

Nice Lake Views

This state park, like many in Texas, was easy to book online and was a deal with our state parks pass.  We had a site that was somewhat elevated above the lake which allowed us to have a nice view and great sunset.  The sites were well spaced out but not secluded. We didn't use the bathrooms as they were quite a distance from our site and we were self contained.  We did talk to other campers who said they loved the park and the lake and enjoyed the great fishing.

Not bad but...

I like the park because it's local but I stayed a few weeks ago and was a bit disappointed. The park was booked to capacity (not a bad thing but I was hoping it would be empty), the tent pad for my site was overgrown with only just enough space for my small tent not covered in weeds, there was a tree growing over my fire pit so I couldn't use it safely, and the trail I tried was clearly not maintained. The views from the trail were really pretty though and I'll keep visiting for a weekend of rest, or to check out the other trails, either way.

Great hole in wall!!!

Great for a day or over night.

Large sites with easy highway access

This state park provides a variety of sites, pull thru and back-in. Some with covered picnic tables. Great place for walking on the edge of Laredo. 5th wheel needed some leveling in a pull-thru site. Site was neatly maintained and camped during the week; park was fairly empty.

Gorgeous Place!

Hands down one of my favorite places to visit. Lake Casa Blanca State Park is gorgeous, and great for the whole family! There is nothing better than camping, but also being by water. It is a win, win. This campground is actually very close to the border, which I think is kind of cool. The times I have stayed here, I have not gone into Mexico. Too much of a hassle to sit through customs. We bring our boat and water ski, tube, and wakeboard. There are tons of people out on the water, people jet skiing or stand up paddle boarding. We have also fished out here and have been lucky! The campground itself is really nice, and big. There is a pool, park, basketball and volleyball courts, baseball field, and playground for kids. There are also some really great hikes that my family and I enjoyed, as well as trails for mountain biking. The hiking was my favorite because of all the beautiful wildflowers. I took so many pictures during the hike of the flowers because they were beautiful. Campsites have hookups for water and electricity if you bring your RV. Overall, this place is one of my favorites to go to. There is so many outdoor activities to choose from, you won't be bored!

Hot and dry

Cabins were fine, A/C worked, but other than that, not much to offer.