The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Danciger , TEXAS

Most Recent Danciger Camping Reviews
Camp Mohawk

I love this park it's a great place to take your family my granddaughter loves to walk the trails, very clean

Nice park close to Houston

I like state parks and this is a good example why. The sites are well spaced, well maintained and relatively inexpensive. About $20. You can reserve online and the web site has photos of the site so you know it works for you.

Site have electric and water and the dump station is at the entrance of the campground. Easy to hit on your way out.

There are plenty of hiking trails and they have alligators.

If you're looking for a good campground close to Houston, this is your place.

Perfect Rest

This was the perfect place to rest after a long 3 days of travel with a sick pooch. They have everything you would need and more. Disc golf, paint ball, hiking, bike trail, and of course fishing. If that isn’t enough if your there at the right time they have a rodeo complex next door.

Alligators!
 We loved this place! Our campsite was on Burr Oak loop. Very spacious. Quite a walk to the bathroom though. Very clean bathrooms.

The trails are awesome! So glad we had our bikes, it allowed us to cover a lot of ground. We did see over 10 alligators. Some on the side of the trail, some in the water….I lost count of how many we saw. Great for hikes. Awesome for bikes.

Escape from the City

This is the best place to escape from the big city and enjoy nature! There is so much to do. The hiking and bike paths are aplenty. We loved seeing the gators, especially when the babies were hatching (spot dozens of babies in the photos). The observatory is also incredible. There are so many friendly astronomy enthusiasts who are willing to share a peek through their telescope (pre-covid) and share their knowledge. Be sure to help keep light pollution down in that area so everyone can enjoy the stars (no flashlights or phones out). This is such a great park to enjoy and spend a weekend away from the city without traveling too far.

Alligators and an observatory

If you want to see alligators in their natural habitat this is the park for you.  There wer so many. We even came across one on the trail eating a snake. The best part though is the observatory. There’s always plenty of stargazers up there that love to share their equipment, you can also pay for the big telescopes. We visited before Covid, so not sure how things are now. The shelter sites are nicer than most. The bathrooms were average.

Getaway from Houston

I was visiting Houston with my husband (who is from there) and decided to make a quick escape from the city to nature.  We camped just one night, so despite the short visit, we really had a great time.  Our site was very spacious, and it was pretty quiet there.  There were large trees giving us plenty of shade.  I love the Spanish moss that hangs from the trees.

We also took a hike in the park around the lame, and saw a few alligators.  Such a fun hike, highly recommended!

Favorite State Park Nearby

I've been going to Brazos Bend since I was a kid. It's always fun to hike or bike around the trails and see all types of birds, alligators, and other wildlife. For us it is close by which is another added bonus.

Camping and Hiking

We reserved our reservations a head of time, showed up, and the staff was very helpful and went easy. They keep the park and restrooms clean clean. We got to hike the 40 Acre Trail (about an hour hike) and the whole family loved it. Definitely will be back soon in the future for the other trails and activities.

Geared towards children

Lots of activities: frisbee golf (not golf), sand volleyball, miniature golf, softball, paintball, playground, hiking. Well maintained sites. Very few shade trees at sites, most RVs are in complete sun, but very nice grounds.