This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
Very average park.pack trailers in like sardines and camp host was not help at all. We were put next to some kids who drank and puked all over our site. Very bad experience. We actually left our rv and got an airbnb in a cute town near by town just to escape this place. Also hope your class a or truck has great shocks cause the road to get to this place is a joke and filled with pot holes.
This is a beautiful, well maintained and very clean park. We were a little concerned about camping here in July with no shade. The breeze off the lake really helped make the 100 degree days better. The water is crystal clear, so we just went down and hopped in the water when it got to hot. We also brought some shade cloth to attach to the picnic table. After a long hot day it was great to use there huge showers to clean up. They were always clean, and very roomy.
This park is a short drive to all of Waco attractions including the famous Silos. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights.
• Very friendly gate attendant
• Extremely quiet park except for arriving/departing aircraft at Waco Regional Airport
• Great view of the lake as trees/shrubs are minimal
• Clean campsite
• Very clean campfire pit
• Most sites had a nice distance from neighbor sites
• Crushed granite surrounds the site’s asphalt parking pad so no muddy mess after rain
• Pedestal BBQ grill, fire pit with grilling grate and aluminum picnic table at each site
• Some sites had aluminum roof pavilion over picnic table
• Some sites had lantern pole
• Park roadways in good condition
• Entrance gate locked at 10pm
• Plenty of TP in women’s restroom
• 4 bar signal AT&T
• Filthy women’s restroom. Human feces on floor. Two of the three stalls locked for days. One remaining stall the door would not close and latch. Sign posted on door that restrooms were cleaned Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but the human feces were on the floor Friday night, Saturday all day and Sunday morning. Exterior door would not close completely.
• No water to sinks in women’s restroom
• No soap dispenser and no hand dryer in women’s restroom
• Men’s restroom door locked Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning
• Exterior door to one shower room was unable to be closed
• Extremely low water pressure to campsite
• No site privacy due to minimal trees/brush throughout the park
• Low hanging tree branches over roadway and campsite pad
• Our campsite pedestal BBQ grill was extremely corroded
• No wildlife sightings- not even a squirrel
• NOT A DARK SKY FRIENDLY CAMPGROUND! Boat launch lights across the cove lit up most of the campground. Large lights on the toilet/shower building that made it nearly as bright as daylight!
Found this camp at the last minute for an overnight stay. Seems to be on the river channel. Fishing is great. Campers next to us cleaned fish the evening we arrived and the next morning. We had awesome phone and wi fi coverage with T-mobile. We were in spot 62 and it was mostly level. We are in class B camper van.
We ended up not following our AllTrails after a fork in the road heading towards the campsite, and were pretty pooped so decided to camp there off Sawyer Campsite Rd. People had clearly used the shore as a campsite before as there was a makeshift fire pit and some cleared areas for tents. water and views were beautiful, and it was a nice place to rest after the 6 miles in. Rain started pretty heavily (and being close to the water probably didn’t help with humidity inside the tent) and our rain fly was unwilling to cooperate so we got a bit wet. The home back in the rain was fine. A couple slippery spots but very doable. Overall great time here even though we weren’t at the official campsite.
Wish they would change the name to Meridian State Park instead of just Meridian on here. Very nice, small, peaceful park. There are 8 pull thru sites with full hookups, including 50 amp. We were in on site 6. Fairly level, but not much room to put a rug out. They had 5 big rocks out to keep people from parking to close to the site. Very close to the bathroom and shower room. Very clean. Right next to Park Office. Lake was only 5 minute walk or minute drive. Excellent swimming area with picnic tables and grills. Did not get a chance to fish there but heard it is very good. Very quiet park.