Alvarado, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Alvarado Camping Reviews
Nice state park

Looks nice will add review at end of stay.

This place is a treasure!

Friendly, helpful staff. Full hookup. Option for extended stay. Bath/shower rooms. Swimming pool. And TREES

Tent Camping

Since the primitive tent sites are down due to flooding, we set up our tent on a nice RV spot near the lake (site 9). If you drive around, you’ll find some good spots like this for tent camping. A little expensive at $30 per night, but it was still worth it. Pretty water. Gorgeous sunset. Good fire pit. Running water and electricity was nice.

Only complaint: our neighbors a couple sites down were blasting music until 1am. Not a peaceful experience for sleeping. I wish the park attendants would have stopped them sooner, as the official quiet time is 10pm. Otherwise, excellent spot!

Best Hiking

This place was amazing! The hiking is so much fun. You could spend days here and not hike all of the trails. There is also so much to do. The camp sites are very nice and quiet. We were tent camping during January and the bathrooms had heaters. The park rangers are always planning something new. We will definitely be back!

Great place for the price

It feels like a state park, but run by the city. All sites are back in and allow for tent campers. Some sites are 50 amp, while all are for 30 amp. Larger rigs are more accomdated next to the lake. But call ahead to see which sites have 50 amp, you'll need it I summer time. Beach is great.

Clean, Well Kept campground off of highway

*though this park is technically an “airstream” park, it allows non airstream RV’s for camping, just add a slightly higher nightly price.

PROS:

PAVED SITES: the terraport area for RV’s is nicely paved, smooth and flat. Sunsets here on the hill are lovely.

BATHROOM: bathrooms are cleaned regularly.

COMMUNITY: the airstream community that lives here permanently are very friendly and plan many community events open to all, like bean bag baseball and soup night.

GATED: the community is gated at night with a code which makes the place feel more secure than other off-the-highway campgrounds.

CONS:

LOCATION: there’s nothing much in Hillsboro, not even good restaurants. The nearest HEB grocery is over 30 minutes away. This campground is great for stopping through, but a pain if you’re looking for a long term stay with nearby things to do.

LOUD: the highway is close by and pretty loud, though when you’re inside your rig it’s unlikely you’ll hear it.

Overall we had a pleasant stay here. Our biggest annoyance was having to drive far for groceries, restaurants or for overall civilization. The people here are super friendly and love their airstreams.

Great location and value for the $$$

This campground is nestled in the middle of a neighborhood on Lake Dallas. There are about 15 RV sites(30/50 amp), 15 primitive sites with showers and restrooms. This campground is well patrolled and maintained. There is a couple mile walking trail at starting at the campground that is paved. The campsites are pretty well spread out and many of them have awesome views of the lake. We would stay here again!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Thousand Trails

Love the location, so close to Dallas! This park is so quite and very dark at night! I loved that about this park, glad I arrived during the daylight it would be very difficult to find an RV spot at night! They have several full hookup sites closed right now due to some upgrades! The rest rooms were very clean! They have a good hiking trail! I had to walk about 1/2 mile to get to the water! It was so worth it! Got there just in time to go fishing while there were Sand Bass schooling! I ended up catching 15 and could have caught more but it was getting dark.

Nice City RV Park

Spent an afternoon and evening here and met a friend whom lives locally. Lots of shade trees, level sites many right on the water. I found the water pressure too strong for my class b as the pressure caused a link under my sink. Convinced me to purchase my own water pressure resistor gauge.

Beautiful Lake

Only 2 trails, one of which is lacking. But it makes up with beautiful lake views.