The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Providence Camping Reviews
Beautiful park, close campsites

Beautiful park with tons to do. Campsites in area 1 were a little close together. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal grill. Bathrooms and showers available close by. Reserve early because it seems the campground is always full. Like most parks/forests, you cannot bring your own fire wood.

Great State Park close to our house

There are several nice playgrounds, ranger led activities, a nature center that my kids loved, a butterfly garden, several short hikes that are good for kids. There are several sinkholes and cedar glades. There are also some caves you can explore if you want to get muddy. We often go here for day visits, but the overnight amenities are also nice. They no longer have horse stables.

Nice spacious sites

Very clean, large, private sites. All of the sites have their own space. They are very well laid out. Small campground and easy for the kids to bike and play. The beach was closed for high water, but it looked like a nice area. Only a couple of minor complaints… people drive way too fast on the roads, quiet time not enforced or observed and no gate or anything to regulate traffic. We were at site 8, close to the front, and people were driving in and out all the time and it made me very worrisome with the kids. We also had a group next to us that were still “hanging out” at 2am. We didn’t complain about it, but nothing else seemed to be enforced aside for not parking on the grass. We aren’t complaining campers, but 2am is pushing the limits a little bit in my opinion. I also am giving some grace bc the whole place was full for the holiday weekend. We will go back, I just hope the speed limit will start to be enforced a little More and people are more considerate of the kiddos playing.

Tenting area is a bit close, but still quiet

We camped in tent site 15, which is the far back corner of a large rectangular tenting area. Each site had a table and fire ring, and shared water and trash were located in several central locations. Some sites are between two parking areas (sites 7-9, I think), and some sites are along the lake shore. While most people rate the lake shore sites highly, I think you'd get a lot of headlights flashing at you as they're right along the parking lane. We really liked the back corner for privacy, and relative proximity to the bathrooms (located in what looks like an office). Showers, firewood, ice, playground, and laundry are in the trailer campsite nearby.

One caveat is that, if fully booked with weekenders, I can imagine this place getting a bit noisy at night. It's also pretty hot, though very well shaded, in July.

Peaceful and beautiful.

This was our first time camping with our camper and it was the perfect spot to go. We had a nice clean site,number 62. It had a fire pit, grill and picnic table. The site location was great for us because we had our 5 dogs with us and there was room at this site to let them out with ease and we were right next to a hiking trail for their walks. The campground staff (Connie) was wonderful! Overall a clean park with amenities. The only thing that was not ideal were how tight the roads were between campsites but it may have felt that way because we are new to hauling a camper.

Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

Great overnight

Large level sites with some privacy. Bathrooms were super clean. Was able to get groceries and all I needed just 10 mins away

Family time

I can’t wait to go back?

Fun

Very nice. Fun and clean.