Camping in Sunny Rest Lodge

172 Reviews of 20 Sunny Rest Lodge, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Nice site long haul

First time kayaking picked site 15w long haul to get there long walk from water to site very peaceful and secluded

Site015w
Month of VisitOctober
Marissa G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Amazing getaway

Always a great time in Promised Land!

Mohamed A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Just the perfect camping experience!

Easy to reserve, find and stay at the Promised Land State Park, PA.

We went straight to the campsite, saw my name was added at the campsite number so that was reassuring. It was very clean, although there were gravels, we could camp at a little moist area but we had a perfect good night's sleep.…

Month of VisitOctober
Maze M.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Enjoyable and relaxing

I stayed at the Beechwood location at the Promised Land state park and despite the constant rain, it was quiet and peaceful. You could only ever hear the wildlife . The RV pads were spaced put perfectly and we all had our own picnic table and fire pit. 10/10 would visit again.

SiteBeechwood
Jackie F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Beautiful Park, tight campsites

Very hard to get a good site in this park. But if you get the right one, you can launch your kayaks right from the site. The sites are very crowded together, some you can’t tell where one begins and the next one ends. But the park is beautiful. Avoid going on the weekends if you can help it. SO…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beaurtful Water Views

I have camped here on many occasions for Over ten years, beginning when I only had a tent. Then with a camper van, and now an RV. I love the water views, The sites are large, many have nice mix of sun and shade. You can launch your kayak easily from the shore.

I can not speak to the condition…

Site25 & 16 one across from the water and one right on the water. But over 10 years have been on all the water sites, which I throughly enjoy!
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Nice place, lacks management

In theory, this is a nice place to stay. However, a large and noisy group of young people did not obey the 10p quiet time and there is no management enforcing rules.

SiteClub Area
Kevin D.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Beautiful camp site!

Beautiful and lots of great hiking trails!

Sitetent
Tiffany B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Basic Campground

Campground is as basic as they get. Sites are close to each other with absolutely no privacy. Bathrooms however are nice and clean with plenty of them around the park. Rangers will pass by and check that everyone is in the correct sites but that's about it. Quiet time is listed in reservations…

Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Wonderful Park w/ lots to do

Spent 5 days at Promised Land- we were in the Lower Lake section and had a loop and bathhouse to ourselves once the weekend was over! The camp hosts were friendly. Lots of trails to go on. Swimming at the beach. Kayak rentals. Eagle watching. Blueberry picking! Totally recommend.

SiteLower Lake 422
T K.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Beautiful campsite right by the lake

Really nice spot to camp very peaceful and quit. Gorgeous sunset, Beautiful views. Really helpful people at the office. Would definitely recommend to come check it out for yourself.

• Play button icon
Sebastian T.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Clean, beautiful area, well maintained campground

We've camped here about 5 times this year, and every time we had a blast. The cam sites are very clean, the facilities are as well, and we've met a bunch of very nice people here. Lot of things to do around, from enjoying a day at the lake beach, to hiking on one of numerous hike ng trails, to…

Site358, E2, 433
Becky M.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Cozy Gem

This campground is cozy, friendly, and has a sweet sounding creek that you camp near. It has many kid friendly amenities as well as being very relaxing. Restaurants and stores less than 10 min away. Wildlife close also..we saw beautiful fawns drinking in stream.

Raymond R.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great place to camp 😉

Well I'm staying at promise land state park for the 3 rd time it's a great place to visit and camp out or with your RV or Pop Up . Thiers the lake beach near by plus thier pet friendly .Has lots of commendations for campers it clean an nice an peaceful .Do recommend if you like camping 🥾

• My view where I set up my pop up camper 😅
SiteSpot location 100 close to lake and restrooms plus they have free showers ' and price is reasonable not 🚫 expensive at all good rates ! 👍