Camping in Clintondale

262 Reviews of 61 Clintondale, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Cute, family oriented campground

They have games for the kids, a small playground, bingo games for the adults, movie nights, clean outhouse restrooms, and a nice atmosphere. I would definitely camp here again.

Christopher E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Nice Camp in the Mountains

We tent camped and they had openings on Memorial Day weekend. The weather turned out to be bad for camping but management was very accommodating with our requests to change dates and spots. Unlike many campgrounds that cater primarily to campers/RVs, they have nice spots in wooded areas for…

SiteRed Oak #4
Robyn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Close to rails to trails, quiet and peaceful

We go here every year. Electric hook up, and very nice tent sites along creek. Does get crowded on nice weekends but mostly families. A short drive down to pine creek rails to trails. Beautiful ride through creek canyon. Nice little store at entrance, and several hikes from park.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No service

We pulled in to camp for the weekend, nice location right on the creek. I work online so service is a must. Initial thoughts were, clean quiet, not very secluded, if we didn’t need phone service it would have been perfect place to camp

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Nice campground, caring hosts

We called the campground around 5:30, we were an hour away. She said no big deal just give me a call when you get here. We arrive and she takes care of us and sells us a nice bundle of firewood. The campground has excellent service, I work online so that was a relief. Full bars on at&t and…

• Decent amount of firewood for $6
  • The electric site we were at only had this kind of plug. Also had water
  • family bathroom
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Clean and very quiet

Very nice park it was clean and quiet. Lots to do for all ages. We stayed here in May and went to cherry springs state park to star gaze it was amazing

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Beautiful campground and state park

This state park is incredibly beautiful. Tail pine and hemlock trees separate the spacious campsites. Bathrooms are spotless clean. Friend Friendly park staff. Swimming, hiking, MTB trail.

Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Stars galore

I went with 2 of my best friends and the stars were magnificent! Saw multiple shooting stars as well! The campsites are a little too open and close for my liking but the area in general is beautiful! So many hiking trails as well with hills and water!

Siteunsure
Month of VisitOctober
Mark S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great weekend getaway

Clean grounds, well kept, enjoyable trip for the whole family. Will definitely be back.

SiteV11
One_human_race_one_love
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

"I'll be closed by then"

So I just tried to book a site here and Google says I'll be there around 7:15 7:30 is exact words was I'll be closed by then sorry.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Great spot

Its an amazing little quite camping ground. Super clean. Lots of easy hiking trails and tons of fishing.

Danielle
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Dispersed Site #13; Pretty, loud, not accessible for pop up campers

Husband and I set off for a weekend of boon docking at Bald Eagle State Forest in our little pop up camper. We stayed at site #13, which is a dispersed site- not in the campground.

Picture a lovely large, round grassy meadow surrounded by trees at the end of a long gravel road. Picnic table, fire…

• The in-accessible to pop-up campers site.
  • We set up behind the boulders, at the end of the gravel road
  • Looking down the gravel road. (We are at the end of it.)
Cassia  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Beautiful but disappointed

We had high hopes for this campground. It is in the beautiful PA mountains and not far from Elk Visitor Center. We got Site 021 in the lower loop. There is a shower house but we didn’t use it, so can speak to how it was. The site we had was beautiful it backed up to the creek and was right next to…

Christine J.
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Quiet campground. Some are open areas backed up to woods. All have fire pits and picnick tables (some were brand new).
Flat grassy areas for your tent. Hiking trail along the stream. Saw a Bald Eagle on day 1. Unfortunately there was no fire wood for sale as were there prior to April 1st when…