Water Unknown
About Odessa

Located approximately 35 minutes west of Klamath Falls, Oregon, this campground features large ponderosa pines, Douglas firs, and an abundance of natural vegetation provide cover and privacy between campsites. Amenities include six campsites with picnic tables and fire rings. There is one vault toilet. A steep boat ramp for small boats is available to access Klamath Lake through a water channel. There is no dock, so be prepared to wade in the water to board your boat. Odessa’s peaceful and secluded setting is situated on the Klamath Basin Birding Trail and affords many opportunities to view birdlife. June and July are heavy mosquito months, so bring bug spray. There is no potable water. Visitors need to bring an adequate supply of water.

National Forest
Odessa is located in Oregon
Directions
Odessa Campground is located 25 minutes west of Klamath Falls, Oregon.   From Klamath Falls, OR take Oregon Highway 140 west toward Medford, OR for approximately 22 miles and then turn right onto Forest Service (FS) Road 3639. Odessa Campground is located at the end of FS Road 3639.
5 Reviews of Odessa
First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Beautiful peaceful! But the bugs!

Great free campground to enjoy the beautiful calm branch of the upper Klamath lake! More like a river!

Passing through

Stayed here off season in the fall passing through the area. Beautiful but gets pretty chilly at night. Only stayed here for sleeping but campground was pretty empty. Nice free camping.

Nice free site

Good ATT coverage and a nice spot right on the lake

Free campsite with vault toilet and a lot of birds

Off season visit, Sept 14: This campground is pretty minimal, and one key thing to note is that only a few sites have tables, and a few sites are just a place to park a car and a firepit. But the birds I saw as I was setting up my tent and wandering around were more various than I typically see in campgrounds, so that was nice.

There is no water, and no trash. There is a vault toilet, and the camping is free. There are no bear boxes. I was mostly concerned about the lack of bear boxes and trash due to my status as a bike camper, with no car to separate bears and food. And in fact, I woke up about a half an hour after falling asleep to what I thought was a raccoon batting at the side of my tent. Probably smelling the empty jerky bag. I sat up a long time wondering what to do. I ended up asking one of my neighbors who was still up to put my food bag in her car, which worked great, except she didn't want to wake up early. We compromised on 8, and that was that. I heard a rustling in the bushes a few times in the middle of the night, but it didn't sound big enough to be a raccoon.

In the morning, I expected the dawn chorus to be amazing, but it was dominated by some really rawcous jays, I think. They were not happy. And then, when I was packing up my tent, I heard the rustling again, and looked in the bushes. And saw a cute little feral kitten. Terrible in a bird refuge, I know, I know. I love birds. And also cats. It was not a dumb cat, either. It was very standoffish, until I started meowing at it, and then it knew I was a sucker, so it started mewing back at me, and followed me to the bathroom. I let it be, but still thought it was damn cute.