About Paradise in Oregon

Paradise Campground is indeed a paradise for campers. Tucked within a lush, old-growth forest of Douglas fir and western red cedar, the area portrays a sub-tropical vibe along the banks of the McKenzie River, where catch-and-release trout and steelhead fishing is a popular activity, along with whitewater rafting and kayaking.

Recreation

Rafters and kayakers live it up in the whitewater of the McKenzie River. A boat ramp is located on-site.

The McKenzie River National Recreation Trail begins nearby, and is a favorite among hikers and mountain bikers.

Facilities

A number of sites face the river, while many others are tucked into the scenic forest. Flush toilets are dispersed throughout the campground and parking spurs are paved. Educational programs are provided at the amphitheater.

Natural Features

Paradise sits on a bend of the river at an elevation of 1,600 feet. Ferns and other moisture loving plants cover the ground, and mosses drape the trees. The campground is in the heart of Willamette National Forest, which spans 1.6 million acres on the western slopes of the Cascade Range.

Nearby Attractions

A golf course is located about 7 miles west of the campground.

ADA Access: N

Sites
National Forest
Paradise in Oregon is located in Oregon
Directions
From Eugene, Oregon, take I-105 east to McKenzie Highway 126 and drive 55 miles to McKenzie Bridge. The campground is located on the left side of Highway, 4 miles beyond McKenzie Bridge.
8 Reviews of Paradise in Oregon
Aptly named

Beautiful campground nestled in old growth forests right on the river. Flush & vault bathrooms. Some of the campsites are very close to each other but others are spaced really far apart (1 is amazing!) Amphitheater, boat ramp, & trails on site

Beautiful campground

This is a well maintained campground. From what we saw all of the sites are pull through for RV’s. Therefore, there are a lot of RV’s. There are some vault and flush toilets. The vault toilets were very clean. I was impressed. The McKenzie River Trail goes right by the campground. We were able to have a shuttle pick us up right at the entrance.

Close to waterfalls, hikes and a rushing river

This was one of the most beautiful camps I have ever stayed in. It was like waking up in a dreamland. So lush and green. There are bathrooms but not much else. Really liked waking up to the sound of the river next to us.

A true paradise!

A place of beauty on the McKenzie River, surrounded by wonderful recreational opportunities. Get a site on the river for the best experience. You can paddle, hike, fish, bike, raft, soak, golf or just relax.

Nearby attractions: McKenzie River Trail, Belknap Hot Springs, Cougar Hot Springs, Sahalie and Koosah waterfalls, Clear Lake, Fish Lake, Blue Pool, Tokatee Golf Course, McKenzie Pass, and more.

Enjoy!

A true paradise...

A peaceful place of beauty on the McKenzie River, with so many recreational opportunities nearby…hike, bike, paddle, soak, raft, fish or just settle into your hammock and relax.

I love this place and have gone at least twice a year for the past decade. Get a site on the river for the best experience.

Nearby attractions: McKenzie River Trail, The Blue Pool, Belknap Hot Springs, Cougar Hot Springs, Clear Lake, Sahalie and Koosah Waterfalls trail, Tokatee golf course, and more.

Classic Willamette Camp Ground

This place sits on the edge of the beautiful McKenzie River. Some camp sites are right on the river so you get lulled to sleep by the rushing water. Facilities are clean and well maintained. Highly recommend this spot!

A Must Go!

Paradise in Oregon (located in Oregon, DUH!), is one of my favorite places to go. I have been there twice- One with family and the other time with college friends. It is located within the Willamette National Forest, and it is absolutely gorgeous. The smell of the trees is probably one of my favorite parts (weird, I know!). You are surrounded by amazing Douglas Fir trees, which are great if you have a hammock. I brought my hammock both times- it's great for relaxing and reading! I would make my morning coffee and hang in my hammock, listening to the birds chirp. If you love to fish, then this would definitely be a great place to visit. The park sits next to the McKenzie River where you are able to fish. My dad had fun catching trout the last time we went together. When I came here with my friends, one of the morning we did white water rafting. There was a water rafting business close by that we were able to rent the rafts from. We chose to have an instructor come with us since none of us had done it before. You can also rent kayaks from this place too (sorry I don't remember what the rental was called, but you cant miss it). Another really enjoyable adventure is hiking. The McKenzie River National Recreational Trail is close by which I would recommend to do. It is gorgeous, and the views are awesome! You walk alongside the river which was fun because you can see all the people white water rafting, kayaking and fishing! It's great people watching :) The campsite itself is really nice and clean. I liked that the campsites weren't super close together, so it didn't feel like we were right next to other people. When I went with my family we went at the beginning of August. It was pretty busy, but not too crowded. When I went with my friends we went the first part of July and it was PACKED!! Although it was busy, we didn't feel overwhelmed with how many people were there. Overall, I would highly recommend Paradise in Oregon! I personally can't wait to come back.

Riverside forest camping in Willamette National Forests

This is the usual Oregon beauty in dense forest. The campground just has toilets and water and it was fairly clean in the summer despite being very heavily used. Thanks to the trees our campsite seemed pretty private, but the site itself was small and there were lines at the bathroom most of the time, but overall it was very nice. The best thing to do here is to bring a boat for whitewater rafting, or hire a nearby company to take you on a great ride. Short hiking trails here and lots more closeby. You can hear the water from your tent at night!