Amity, OREGON

Most Recent Amity Camping Reviews
Thousand Trails Pacific City is Great Place To Stay

Thousand Trails Pacific City This was a very nice Thousand Trails. We stay three nights from September 27th through September 30th, 2019, in campsite D15, the stay was free due to our Thousand Trails membership. Our site had electricity and water hook up. The site was level and backed up to McPhillips Drive, we could hear vehicles passing during the day, however, the night was not an issue. The site was quiet and very private. The tall trees and bushes separated us from our camping neighbors.

The campground is at an elevation of 75 ft. and our 28 ft travel trailer easily fits with room to spare in our site. Once we entering the campground, the campground roads are all asphalt as we selected our campsite. The weather was high overcast in the low 60's, the nights low 40s. It did rain hard on Friday and Saturday night, also rained Sunday afternoon. This is a very quiet campground, activities we found at the campground to keep busy were Billiards, a very nice indoor pool, and a warm outdoor spa. The campground has clean free showers, plenty of hot water and not more than a 5 minute walk from our campsite.

Since we arrived on a Friday school day, the campground as not full, there was no waiting for showers. My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we hiked at Cape Lookout and Cape Kiwanda. Had a great time, we will be back to stay at this Thousand Trails.

Close to beach

Large campground with lots of people but still feels like you’re camping. Great beach access.

Everything you need in walking distance and the most beautiful views of the Oregon coast right across the street. Sites are pretty close but since you won’t spend too much time there it’s not an issue.

Noisy

Used to camp here now and again, but not my thing anymore.

I am at heart a tent camper and used this park when the kids were younger because of the amenities.

But the last time the noise of huge RV generators going for hours and hours was the final straw.

This is a great campsite for huge RVs  for tenters its pretty useless

Nice and Easy

This is  simple, primitive campground mostly centered around a small picturesque lake.

There are a few other sites dispersed in the area. One of the best ones is just around the bend from the lake sites and its of the road and gets more sun, if thats your thing.

When i visited mid week in July it was empty.

Its quite a distance on sometimes very rough gravel roads, with no tirn outs and sometimes large drops on one side, so be very careful with log trucks .

But i made it OK with my beat up old Grand Caravan.

Enjoyed

Great all year.

Have camped and"yurted" in this park ever since i came to Oregon at least twice a year.. Its a great campground if you have younger kids as there are hot showers and nice bathrooms for the little urchins.

As you can imagine its very busy and crowded in the Summer..almost like a small refugee camp sometimes. But when you have kids thats a good thing. During the off season most of the tent loops are closed down and its much more peaceful. You can enjoy the natural splendors of the park.

The park is basically built along the banks of a lush creek and many of the areas between loops are marshy and quite natural. The nature walk along the crek is cool also but watch out for speeding mountain bikers. I was there this month( Feb) and it was great. Will always come back. Great park great memories. Also i guess its not camping but have found AT&T has good coverage( 4 G 3 bars) while Verizon has nothing at all.

Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Tricky to find, but one of the most magical camping locations

We arrived really late and it was really tricky for us to find the place as it's not really a campsite but more like awesome spots by the river without any signs. We recommend you arriving during the day as it was just pure luck, we picked probably the most amazing spot here. We found it somewhere in between the 11th and 12th mileposts. There is a narrow path towards the river, first we thought we might gonna get stuck, but it immediately opened up to a spacious big area where 2-3 cars/RVs could easily fit.

It's a dispersed camp so there is no infrastructure around it, but there was a built fireplace there.

Probably the most amazing part of it was when in the morning we found an other really narrow path towards the river which again opened up and we walked to the beautiful shore of the river, where we had the chance to dip in the river.

All in all we were super surprised and happy that we spend a night here.

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

All Around Great

This was my first visit to Cape Lookout, or camping on the Oregon coast, for that matter. The RV sites are separated from the tent sites, which is nice. Most of the tent sites are fairly open, some of them have more privacy, but all of them are very green and incredibly close to the beach while still being somewhat protected from the wind coming off of the ocean.

Bathrooms were relatively clean, though you always have someone emptying all of their camp trash in the bathroom trash can (pizza boxes? Really?) so it's hard to keep up. Staff were knowledgeable and helpful.

A truly beautiful place.

Pretty and Close, but a Little Noisy

We took off from Portland around 4pm on a Friday and got to the campground around 6. Be careful with Apple Maps, I think they routed us to the historical campground and had us going about 10 miles past the site.

This was our first time camping in the Tillamook; and was cool to see the differences between it and Mt Hood. There were tons of birds, rabbits, and chipmunks at the site.

The river was super clear, with a rocky beach and some beautiful formations a bit to the west.

We were there the first weekend in September and it was remarkably empty. I think two of the sites in the K loop were occupied.

We opted for K4 which was farther from the parking lot, and closer to the river. Unfortunately, closer to the river meant closer to the highway, too. So we never really got the serenity of a site further off the path. Not a big deal, but since I live near a highway, I welcome the break when I can get it.

The other problem with K4 was that you had trails on either side of the site, so it wasn’t the most private. I think K6 might be the best spot in the loop, but you may get additional noise from the parking lot and squeaky water pump.

Okay, Not Great

So much potential being right on the Willamette River, but unfortunately there is basically no view of the water. We had a rough visit that I’m sure was an anomaly. We had a change of itinerary that brought us to Woodburn and had to arrive with no reservations. There were sites available (after Labor Day) so no problem. Were were told to “pick any unreserved site” so we did so. Got unhooked, leveled, and fully set up, then went to register for the night when the ranger told me that the site was reserved. IT WAS NOT TAGGED. So, we had to pack up and move. Total bummer. Beside that, the park is unwatered and was just dry and unattractive. Upside was spacious sites in B loop, but we just had the view of a dried out field. Paved sites, level, with plenty of electric/water sites. I wouldn’t stay here again unless it was in the spring.

Not Camping, Nice Park

Okay, this isn’t really camping, it’s more like parking in a parking lot so don’t have an expectation that it’s a camping atmosphere. That being said, this is a very nice place to get off I-5 and park an RV with all the amenities. You can walk to several restaurants and the outlet mall. There is a great laundry room, clean bathrooms and showers, pool, pet areas, and nicely paved, level, but crowded sites.

Waterloo County Park

Campground with something for everyone! Right on the river for swimming or fishing. If you drive up the road, you can float down the river to your campground! This park even has a disc golf course to enjoy while you camp. There’s a park area with a playground for the kids to play. Spaces are large, and nicely spaced out.

Hidden gem

Beautiful wooded site with good basic amenities (showers and large clean toilets) –  perfect for a self-contained campervan. The sites were large – two cars and three tents – and reasonably priced, and being in among the trees our site felt more private than a standard RV park. We had our own picnic table and a firepit with built in grill, and logs were available to buy onsite. Very peaceful at night, and amazing view of the stars. Would definitely stay here again.

We managed to book a place here at short notice for a busy weekend in August, when all the State campsites were completely booked up. You can book online via the Tillamook County Parks Department site (the booking page was a little glitchy and the box to enter your booking dates occasionally disappeared, but switching between the 'Camping/RV' and 'Day Use/Picnic' tabs brought it back up!) We were glad to get any booking at all, and this was a really pleasant surprise.

Equestrian Trails!

Great trails that have a little bit of everything. Some of the hills are long and great for but muscles 😂♥️ There were a few issues with bees, or some kind of but that bites, the last time I went (late August) so maybe bring extra fly spray and/or bug replant.

Easy, popular campground

A loop - you can hear highway 101. Lots of RV spots. Best tent sites are on the outer (north) sides of the loops. Especially C,D and E loops. Ranger station and junior ranger program. Great family campground.

Large and busy but clean.

Nice, clean park. Very large and busy but has nice ameneties.

Cute place right on the beach!

Cape Lookout was an awesome little place right on the beach! I would wake up every morning and go out to the beach to watch the waves. Our stay was relaxing and beautiful. There are a TON of campsites at this campground, so you'll be sure to find one you like. The bathrooms and showers were clean which is always nice. There was a little store that sold firewood, and even a junior ranger program that my little cousins did.

The beach out in front of the campground was super nice, because it was sandy unlike a lot of the other beaches we had seen up the coast. Check out cape lookout trail, it was a nice moderate little hike.  We still got our fill of the rocky beaches when we drove up the washington coast. It wasn't too far, and we spent one day road tripping up and back down the coast looking for cool hikes.

All around great place to stay, no complaints!

An Oregon MUST VISIT!

No matter the time of year, Silver Falls State Park is an Oregon must visit!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• SOOOO much to see and do!
  • Amazing waterfalls (keep in mind they won't be rushing in the heat of the summer).
  • Great programming
  • Beautiful lodge
  • Vast parks and play areas
  • Swimming
Ranger Review: Liquid I.V. at L.L. “Stubb” Stewart

Campground Review: Something for everyone!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• So easy to get to from anywhere in northwestern Oregon; especially the Portland area
  • Open year-round
  • 18-hole disc golf course
  • Great hiking and biking trails
  • Full hook-ups, cabins, equestrian sites, and walk-in tent sites

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier and the Liquid I.V. Sleep night time drink mix. I really liked both products. They are portable, have natural ingredients, taste good and I found them to be effective! Additionally, Liquid I.V. has an incredible social justice cause donating millions of their products to people around the world who are in need of proper hydration. I love that this is a company AND products I feel good about!

Pros:

• Portable
  • Natural ingredients (vitamins, electrolytes, potassium, sodium, glucose)
  • Rapid absorption
  • IT WORKS!!
  • Amazing cause

Cons:

• It’s pricey
  • I wish the Sleep night time drink mix came in another flavor without lavender
  • Contains more sugar than I would like

Overall, I give the product 4.5 stars

Small quiet campground that's first-come, first-served

I showed up around 3pm on a Friday and was barely able to find a walk-in tent site. All the car-accessible sites were taken and the only reservable site is the group spot. Nice and quiet camping, no noisy neighbors. I loved it here for a getaway but it was a smidge boring. The creek isn't that deep so it was family-friendly.

Great for the price

Unique, convenient and affordable. If you’re looking to tent camp, it’s a wide open field with approx 20 sites. They also offer covered wagons which sleep 4 for $45 and is the reason I bumped this rating from a 3 to a 4-star; it’s unique!

Pretty spots, helpful rangers

Love to stay here when all the other campgrounds close. Nice hiking trails. The rangers are very nice. Beautiful scenery. Only downside is some of the people who stay here make it uncomfortable for others and destroy the bathrooms. But other than that I'd stay again.

101 camping

Beautiful area, good hosts, and it’s a clean campground. There are 2 bathrooms, and 2 coin operated showers in addition to outhouses, which get full fast depending on campers. The road noise is pretty loud due to the highway being right there on the camping side of the campground. Air brakes are not the best at night. Booo. The cabins are far enough away from the road noise, but have a lot of spiders 🕷

A good base for doing a float

We like to come here each year to camp and do a float down the Clackamas river. The campsites are nice, although it feels a bit more like camping in a park rather than in the woods - we've often had to deal with loud families or rowdy groups nearby.

Excellent time and location.

This place is friendly and in a great location. There are some cabins available and family activities.

Low traffic, easy access

Whalen Island is a lesser known, quiet, easy access park. Not a lot of shade, and cool, coastal breeze keep things cool. Nice place for groups os several vehicles to camp adjacent to each other. Easy access to trails. Fabulous easy kayaking access. Kind hosts.

Welcome to Partytown.

Devil's Lake State Park Rec Area Campground (it's a mouthful) is right on the edge of town. That is convenient if you're trying to access things in town. It really sucks if you're trying to actual "camp". This is a party spot for local ruffians, and an RV parking lot for people who want to get away without losing any sort of amenities whatsoever.

The Hiker/Biker area is just a little patch of grass on a hill just inside the entrance to the left. The hill makes it hard to find any flat ground for a tent, and you are adjacent to a road to the north and a single family home to the east. The coast highway is a block to your west. Basically, it is a lawn.

There is lake access but the lake is more of a pond. Ocean access is across the highway about 15 minute walk. You can also just walk into town for a beer if you want. Being so close to town makes it an easy place for people to go and get rowdy too.

The camp hosts here have given up on enforcing any sort of rules in the park. There were people openly doing drugs. The site across from the host had a keg and set up speakers blasting some terrible classic rock. On a trip the the bathroom I saw the camp host looking out the window at the loudest site in camp, and then just pull his shade in the RV down. And not even joking, at one point a group (college age?) woke me up with shouting as they cheered on their friend who was getting laid in the tent. Another group was doing night skateboarding through the park in loops.

However, if you're just passing through you'll have everything you need to get through the night here including a hot shower, bike tools, and charging station.

I gave this place two stars because the amenities are there. If based on my experience alone it would be zero, but I am sure there are days when it is fine.

Amenities:

• free hot showers
  • storage boxes with USB charging stations for phones and lights
  • Picnic Tables
  • bike racks
  • bike repair station
  • flush toilets
  • Wetlands nature trail
  • lending library

Oregon Hiker/Biker Camps are $7-8 (this one is $8)

Pro-Tip: If you're heading south stop at Big Mountain Coffee Roastery. It is decent, a little kitschy, and has AC/Wifi. Plus it is a very small, local business to support.