Amity, OREGON
Most Recent Amity Camping Reviews
I don’t have a horse

I don’t have a horse but I still stayed here! We were in the area, struggling to find a place to camp. After 7 pm, the campground let us set up camp in an empty equestrian campsite. Unique experience!

So nice, I went twice

Very fun Campground. Around so many cool things to see and do. I love the Oregon coast, this is a must stop when in the area

Camping checklist

The perfect place to make sure you have everything in order before heading halfway across the state to find out you forgot to pack the new campfire spatula you bought at the end of the year last year! Cabins, hike in tent/hammock sites, RV sites, they have it all! They even provide wheel barrows to haul stuff in to the hike-in sites!

Lovely place

Lots of cool things to do, bike trail that goes along the river and a really cool play area for the kids plus a great big dog exercise area.

Nice park

Bathroom facilities were clean, pool was clean had a bunch of activities for kids to do my daughter loved it. The staff was not the friendliest but not a bad park we stayed at a site near the end and you could smell the sewage area so that wasn’t too much fun but all in all it was a pretty fun place to stay.

Great campground.

Clean and all of the campers were friendly. Bathrooms spotless. Nice walks along the river.

Quintessential Ocean Front Campground

After visiting several Oregon Coast state parks and campgrounds, I must say that this campground is in its own class in terms of scenic beauty and accessibility to the beach, which is linked by several hiking trails, including the famous Cape Lookout trail that takes one to the tip of the peninsula for great whale watching, a seasonal waterfall, and fun small coves unveiled during lower tide.

We did not stay within the campsite, however walking through it we were impressed by the relative peace and quiet even during the summer, the number of campgrounds more secluded in the interior areas and those that neighbored majestic old-growth fir trees.  We would definitely want to return and stay in one of the few highly coveted cabins that are on the north end of the state park.  From the exterior, they appear to have ample front porches for barbeques with family and friends, and each cabin is strategically spaced to allow for maximum views.

Whenever we have tried booking a campsite it has been a challenge due to its popularity, so doing so well in advance is advised!

Geared more towards trailers

It’s an ok campground but was more of a parking lot style campground in my opinion, it does have grass and some trees. Close to water.

Awesome campground

If your looking for a campground that isn’t over run and up in the mountains this one is for you. Great size sites , 2 sites are reservable others are first come first serve. Great little lake for canoeing or kayaking. Little fishing docs located at several areas around the lake.

Great camping with lots to do

Great camping with lots of things to do at the campground. It can get a bit pricey but if your looking for family fun this is the place to camp. Also close to a great waterfall hike.

A nice quiet place

It's basically a few tent spots right off the road you can pull up to with your car. No amenities besides a vault toilet and no fee. Nothing fancy, but really beautiful, clean, nice rangers, and not busy at all. Get ready to dodge loads of potholes and deer as you travel up the gravel roads to get here, though

ALSO we had full data and cell service!

Private spot

Very out there and secluded

Good spot for fishing

Great fishing and biking, the yurts are fun too.

Perfect taste of Oregon coast
  • Campsites are fairly close together but we didn't mind! The campground was full for July 4 weekend, yet not too loud and facilities weren't crowded
  • Free, very private showers! Soap in the bathrooms! Super nice and clean!
  • Steps away from a beautiful, expansive beach
  • Do the Cape Lookout peninsula hike! Gorgeous views without great effort. Lots of tree roots that will tire your feet but not a strenous hike overall: ~5 miles roundtrip
  • Perfect taste of the breathtaking Oregon coast
Beautiful Forest surrounding small lake

This was a last minute find for us on the 4th of July.  There were a few sites left for us to choose from.  The sites are not numbered but are designated by a rock ringed fire pit. We hammock camp and there are plenty of sites with trees positioned perfectly for hanging the hammocks.  The lake is small but very beautiful.  We did bring our kayaks but didn't launch them.  There is a launching area but it's pretty mucky and there are a lot of downed trees in the water.  I only saw one really great beach area to pull up to but it was already claimed by another small boat.  There are trails all over leading from the campsites to the lake and around it.  We also met other campers that had hiked a trail from Hebo lake to South Lake which was about a 7 mile hike for them.

We will go back and try out South Lake again in the other seasons.

Perfect weekend getaway

This is a large campground. We went on July 3rd-4th and the campground was about 3/4 full. No neighbors in the campsite next to us or across from us which made it quite quiet.

A quick hour and 45 minutes from Portland, about 2 miles outside Rockaway Beach. The fire pits were in immaculate condition and the dinner we cooked over it was very yummy. There is a general store just off the campground boundaries in case you forget some things.

The only reason that isn't getting a full five stars is because you have to pay to take a shower. It's not really THAT big of a deal, and it's only 50 cents; I just wish they would've mentioned it on the website. I will absolutely return to this campground.

Pretty campground / HORRIBLE experience!

The campground is beautiful, but our experience was HORRIBLE! Oh, and campsites are$20 a night now, and it's quite a ways in, down a very poorly kept, narrow, windy road, followed by gravel road at the end, and no cell service.

Anyway… Every campground on the planet uses a piece of paper with a name and date on it to reserve camp sites, and everyone who has ever camped knows this, except people who camp or host at Nehalem Falls Campground. They don't take reservations, it's first come first served, and it takes a good 30 minutes to get there and back from Manzanita. So we drove all the way there in the morning for the sole purpose of securing a site for the night, picked a site, paid for it, put my proof of purchase in the clip on the site we chose, spoke with Cindy, the camp host both on the way in and on the way out, which was less than 5 minutes between, and even told her which site we had picked and paid for… only to return later to find our site OCCUPIED!!!

The host Cindy said"it's because you didn't leave anything there". Uh yeah I did, I left my PROOF OF PURCHASE!!!!! SO RUDE!

So we picked another site, which we actually ended up liking better than the first, camped, got up the next morning, paid for another night, put proof of purchase on clip AND made a sign out of a paper bag very clearly stating that this was our site for that day through next, put dates, etc in HUGE LETTERS so you could not possibly miss it. Also put a large branch across the front of the camp site entrance with a bright pink bin lid being held up by the branch. We car camp, as in no tent, we sleep in the car, that was literally ALL I HAD that I could"leave behind" while we went to play at the beach, oh except a bag full of magazines for starting a camp fire later.

Got back that night and once again, someone had STOLEN our spot!!!! I asked them if they had my bin lid, they had no idea what I was talking about. So THE HOST STOLE MY BELONGINGS that I had left there very specifically so that others knew it was NOT available!!!! And IN WRITING no less! So we chose yet another spot which was small, loud, surrounded by people& barking dogs, slept-ISH and left early the next morning NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN. SO UNBELIEVABLY RUDE!!! AND THEIVES to boot! We actually cut our entire trip short and went home because there was nowhere else to camp, because they all fill up month's in advance.

I wish the state parks were FCFS so you don't have to plan everything two+ months in advance and have zero option of changing plans.

Great disc golf

Very nice disc golf area. Easy access to Public bathrooms, and dinning. Great park hidden in between woodburn and Hubbard.

Excellent!

Really clean, friendly, and accessible camp site. Offers great RV spots even tho we used the tent spot for one night. Free 24hr access to WiFi, coffee, and bathroom/showers. Definitely recommend!

Family friendly camping

I went here with my family for the eclipse and it’s was great. Large campground with a good bike paths. The rangers have a different themed presentation each day/night. There is a playground and access to the beach. Will be back.

Right on the beach

This campground is in prime location for sunset watching and morning beach walk/runs. It is a very large campsite so do with that what you will. Lots of dogs (that bark quite a bit). But, large spacious sights and facilities.

Hear the ocean from your tent

Loved camping at cape lookout. Walk to the beach is hard to beat. Well kept sites. Got drenched one day but a beauty when the sun came out.

Absolutely THE BEST

Amazing place! Tons to do for the entire family! The best owner operated place in Oregon! You need to go check out everything they offer. Zip lines were a blast for our family.

Love this place

Nice place. Clean although buildings older. Love the trail to beach. Has pool hot tub and clubhouse. Rv sites are mostly private and decent sizes. Some are full hookups. No cell service, so be prepared.

Nice RV park with amenities

This was a pleasant surprise for us. The positives outweigh the couple of minor things, so we gave it 5/5.

Positives:

• Walkway to Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. Clearly marked and paved for easy stroll over to the museum.

- Pool on-site, but no hot tub. I did use the pool, but for someone like me who has extremely fair skin, only in the last hour of pool time, 8-9 p.m.)

- Spaces are long enough for big rigs, as long as you get the 65 foot sites. They have two sizes: 50 foot and 65 foot. I'd recommend the 65 foot sites for a big rig, so you have enough room to park your vehicle. There were no gravel sites - all sites were concrete pads.

- More than one laundry location. Main office building has two washers, two dryers. We didn't check out the other laundry building.

- More than one restroom location throughout park.

- Wifi was pretty decent, though spotty at times.

- The picnic table is modular. If you didn't need the table, it was easy to separate the two halves and have bench seating if seating was needed.

Minor negatives:

- While they had recycling containers in our section, there was only one trash receptacle clear across the park. And it was a trash compactor, so when you used your key code to open it, the stench was almost overwhelming.

- The entrance to the concrete pads was a little steep and might result in bottoming out. It was not a gentle slope, but a sharp incline.

Best and personal favorite G-lampground in Oregon

Never turn your back on the ocean!

Nice place to relax

The water was cold yet summer had just started, This place was beautiful and nice as a weekend getaway.