Wayne , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wayne Camping Reviews
Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

A beautiful KOA in the edge of town. Nice cabins with 1/2 bath and TV’s. Large bathhouses and nice clean showers. Large camp store. Funny thing is, same guy owns this KOA and the puny little KOA in Checotah.

Great Time at Buckhorn Campground - Chickasaw NRA

My son and I spent 2 nights tent camping at the Buckhorn Campground at Lake of the Arbuckles.  We camped at Site 064 Loop C and it was very convenient to the restroom and showers.  Also, the Camp Host was right next to us.  But, there were no safety concerns.   Boating on the lake was also nice.  We took a Jet Ski and did some wakeboarding and it was not very crowded. All the campers we talked to were very pleasant and friendly.  I would highly recommend this campground.

Great campground, not enough bathrooms/showers

Great spots and location. Only about 10 shower/bathroom combos for an entire campground. Long waits and not cleaned.

Great, clean campground. Friendly staff.

We stayed over Labor Day weekend and the park was mostly full. It’s right off a major interstate and easy to get to. Even with being off a main road and lots of other campers the park was nice and quiet. We stayed in a pull thru spot so easy to get in an out of. Nice and level. We had a picnic table and grill. Lots of shade trees and paved roads made it nice to take walks. The bathrooms were nice and clean, individual rooms with toilet, sink and shower in each. Had a nice playground and great swimming pool. They have a small store on site for souvenirs, camping items and also food items. There are storm shelters on site.

The spots were a little close together but not too bad.

Clean and friendly

Well maintained sites resonable rates. Easy access Helpful staff

Family friendly

Perfect place to camp. Very nice facilities.

Loop C & D Large & Spacious

When I went to check out this area it was mid-October and the campground was limited to only the loops C & D while the A & B, the first you see when you arrive were barricaded for the season. While I did see a few rogue campers who had parked at the entrance and hiked into these spaces, I chose to go ahead and explore the actual open spaces.

Pulling into the second loop of camping, you first arrive at Loop C, just before the pay station this area has a clearly posted sign that you need a reservation to stay here when you enter. I could see why when traveling through the loop, it was a pretty day and the spaces all seemed full with the exception of one. Toward the end of the loop, the road narrowed and made any passing impossible. Some of the spaces were pretty close to the water line toward the end and one even seemed to be a floating island all its own.

Spaces were open for both tents and RVs in this area for between $16 and $24 a night depending on the amenities you are looking for. All of the spots I looked at on loop C were $24 and had full electric and water in addition to their nice even pads, large paved drives, lantern hooks an both picnic tables and grills. I did notice on the map however there were a few scattered smaller sites without electricity.

The nice thing about the sites on Loop C were that they seemed large, especially toward the beginning and end of the loop, while these were not waterfront they were within yards of the water front and backed up to the wooded areas which made for a quieter evening and also for more space in the sites themselves.

TIPS:

• Book in advance if you are wanting to stay at this campground, you will have a full listing of all sites and be able to chose from your amenities you are looking for. In addition, you will be able to assure you will have a space at the campground. For those not able to do so, try Loop D during fall and winter.

• Beware of snakes in brush near shoreline and raccoons which often can be spotted trying to pillage through camp. Make sure you take precautions to keep animals from your camp by storing food inside vehicles when not in use and utilize dumpsters near camp instead of leaving trash near camp.

• Cell phone coverage might be spotty in this area. Though with AT&T I had good coverage reports from other providers have netted a less desirable signal.