Tecumseh , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Tecumseh Camping Reviews
Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

I’d drive three days to get here!

Happened upon this campground on our way from Tucson to Cleveland, OH. OH MY!!!! Site right on the lake and during the week no one else in area A. Cement pads for RVs. Boat ramp nearby so watched a few fishing boats launch. Dogs lived it. One was in the water before we unhooked the camper!!! Have arranged for our son from CA to meet us there for a week next Sept. so yes we will drive thee days to come back here next year!

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

There’s a lot of great sites!

Definitely some of the best camping in the OKC metro! However, getting a site can be difficult. First come, first serve and check out isn’t until 5. Lake has a couple of nice swim beaches also.

Good for newbies, popular for all

There are three main campground parks around the lake. Spring Creek and Scissortail Parks are off 15th. Central Park is off the 2nd Street entrance.

Spring Creek and Scissortail were both full, so we ended up at the Spring Creek Park.

In Spring Creek, there is primitive camping in Bobcat Campground and King Snake Campground. We stayed in the Cottonwood Campground which had a mix of camping types.

We stayed in an RTT, so all of the spots were easy access for us, but I saw some big rigs and setups with boats, so it looked like it was easy to park for most anyone.

The spaces were ample sized and most all of them had enough trees surrounding them to offer decent privacy. They all had had fire pits, grills and picnic tables. They all looked pretty level.

Restrooms and showers were passable, but not much better than that.

The campground was pretty full, but pretty quiet. No problems with noise.

Lots of trash cans around, but they were all full or overflowing. Most of the campsites had some lingering trash around. Definitely could have been cleaner.

My son had a ball and this place isn't far from home, so we will probably checkout the other campgrounds on 15th the next time we are there.

In addition to easy setup and getting around, the other thing that makes this great for new campers is that the city of Edmond is just a few miles away for a full list of stores and restaurants. Or head east on 2nd (66) and go to Pop's in Arcadia for a burger and a selection of over 500 sodas.

And finally, lots of Oklahoma hospitality in case you do have problems or need a hand.

Perfect little place

My family and I desperately wanted to go last minute camping. My husband and I being from Wellston, we had been to bell cow but we had never camped there. With 5 adults and 1 infant we camped at area A. My husband did not catch anything when fishing, but he had fun. The lake is filled with red clay. My mom and I harvested some and made little figures and baked them in the sun. We had so much fun. I do have one complaint, our campsite had trash there when we got there. No big deal we cleaned it, but because of the food on the ground from the previous campers, our camp site was filled with flys. I will always have flys while camping but I had never seen something like this. For anyone planning to camp, make sure u bring slip on shoes. U can go barefoot, we did. But the sand which is great at first… left our feet raw.

A beautiful KOA in the edge of town. Nice cabins with 1/2 bath and TV’s. Large bathhouses and nice clean showers. Large camp store. Funny thing is, same guy owns this KOA and the puny little KOA in Checotah.