The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Stilwell , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Stilwell Camping Reviews
Beautiful Campground & State Park

We were only staying here one night (unfortunately) on a cross country camping road trip with two young kids (2 & 4.) we stayed in loop A which was all tents when we were there, I didn’t see any hook ups. There were some hike in trails off of this loop. This loop has around 24 sites and we stayed in site 22, which was right across from the restrooms/showers. This was fine for us bc we have two small kids and like to be close to restrooms/showers but if you’re looking for privacy this spot might not be for you, we had some people walking through our site to get to the restrooms. But all sites were large enough I wouldn’t be too worried.

Cons: there was a coke vending machine by the camp board (out in the open) that was lit up and an annoyance when trying to star gaze at night, distracted from the nature. The water spigots were dripping out of the sides and slightly annoying to use if you were trying to fill up a container.

Pros: gorgeous surroundings, rangers were friendly, large sites, all seemed flat, clean bathrooms and showers, trash and recycling at frequent intervals around the loops, all clean, water, nice camp store with basic necessities like soap and light snacks, playground for kids back by the camp store (we didn’t test it out tho) and did I mention the beautiful surroundings?

Great Stopping place when traveling I-40

We chose this campground for the Tiny House rental for our Daughter and her husband & kids. We stayed in an RV site, enjoyed the pool, bounce pad & basketball. A shuttle runs that is wheelchair accessible that will take you into town for Wal-Mart runs and more 😊

This campground is nice but not really wheelchair friendly. The road was really large rock that is very bumpy and uncomfortable to wheel over.

Very Nice Oasis

Heading West on I-40 and tried, without success, to get a site at one of the 3 campgrounds on nearby Robert Kerr Reservoir (see other reviews!). We got the last site at the KOA. As first time KOA campers, we were pleasantly surprised with the entire experience. Restrooms clean and nice showers. The staff was kind, cheerful and very helpful. The sites are a bit close for our tastes but for a quick overnight it suited our needs perfectly.

Always a Favorite

Great tent and RV sites. Not too close to neighbors. Bath/showers are close. Great hiking trails! Some water activities above the dam.

Very Peaceful

Spacious and peaceful sites.  The loop we stayed in had full hook ups at each site and 2 very well maintained bathrooms with showers.

The creek was right behind us and there is a pond for paddle boats or paddle boarding.  The pool (we didn't use) looked d to be very nice also.  Plenty of easy access to many different hikes, none of which are too difficult.

Beauty of NWA Ozark Mtns

This is a spectacular example of a State Park. Beautiful setting with miles of hiking and trails .. scenery is amazing. Camp Sites are spacious with full hookups in most areas, horse ranch camp sites are available as well. Close to UTV trails and miles of back roads that can fill your entire day.

Amazing park

I have tent camped, stayed in a cabin and used the “camper cabins” at this park. The tent sites are great and conveniently located next to a bathhouse. The camper cabins were awesome and also right next to an immaculate bathhouse. The cabins are older, but rustic and perfect. There is a pool. There are hiking trails of all difficulty levels and many points of interest. This is easily my favorite campground! Absolutely gorgeous!

Waterfalls, rivers and caves

Several great trails. The trails cover wooded hills, follow and cross rivers, take you right up to the edge of cave entrances, cliffs and past waterfalls. Just a great little place. The park is clean, campsites as well and the cabins are snug little deals.

Great camping.

It’s really fun with a lot of hiking trails and caves not a lot of overlanding trails that I’ve found yet.

It’s a beautiful park!

We stayed in mid October and the leaves hadn’t started really changing yet.

Perfect, clean facilities and a huge campsite. The road in was a nice drive, easy for motorcycles.

We bought wood from the camp, although the store closes at 5pm and the wood was wet, which made it hard for a good fire.

You are dipped down into a valley so no cellphone service, but if you are a connection junky there is WiFi you can purchase. I didn’t purchase a lease, so I’m not sure how fast it is.

The park is quite a ways away from civilization which is nice unless you are planning on eating outside of the park, Fayetteville is probably the closest decent bar and grill, about 30min away.

All in all, a great experience and would love to make my way back someday.