Plainview , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Plainview Camping Reviews
Boiling Springs

We tent camped here for the second time in March. They have 12 tent sites, RV sites and cabins. One of the things I like about this campground is that the bathrooms stay pretty clean. The playgrounds are new and there are plenty of hiking trails. There is a lot of standing water nearby so bring bug spray.

Peaceful in the off season

We only spent one night, but enjoyed the hiking trail and viewing the spring. A nice respite for weary travelers. Saw some mule deer wandering through in the morning.

A nice, northern OK spot.

My wife, our dog and I went up for a few days in the Spring of 2018. Was a nice location and some really pretty scenery. Not to mention some nice trails. Highly recommend with the great staff they have, and places to explore.

Small and Quite

Stayed here for a couple of days while traveling to Colorado with friends. The caverns where very interesting as well as the trails around the campground. You could see alabaster everywhere, beautifully exposed. The area appears to be a Dark Sky Area with little artificial light, so the night sky was brilliant!

The campground hosts were very friendly and informative. I would stop here again if my route takes me that way.

Stunning

This place is gorgeous and the views are breathtaking from the top. There aren’t a lot of hiking trails. It’s one way up, walk around on the plateau and back down you go. We drove pretty far to see it and it wasn’t a long stop. We spent a decent amount of time up too but next time will make it a part of a bigger trip to see more things. There’s picnic tables and restrooms. I’d for sure picnic here. The way up is steep. I took my dog and she did great going up the grates steps. So did my children (ages 6 and 13). They do have a water hydrant by the bathrooms so you can get water for your pets. My kids enjoyed putting their faces in it bc it was a pretty hot day lol. There is a vending machine but it was not working when we went.

Nice little getaway

We came here for the Labor Day weekend and it did not disappoint. Not a “thrills a minute” park. However, if you enjoy hiking, biking, relaxing or small lake fishing this is the place. We stayed in the full hook up section in the White Tail portion of the park. Bathrooms and showers very clean. Heavily patrolled by the park ranger. Lots of stickers in the grass so be mindful when you walk your dog.

Not bad if you're a weary traveler

This really is a city park. One which boasts some really great park amenities- baseball diamonds, playgrounds, pool… There are four RV pads with electric hook up across from the baseball diamond, next to the restrooms. I really wouldn't recommend the campground for tents. There is no privacy and a housing community backs up the RV pads. The town seems pretty hip though, so if you are in town, explore the business district.

No Campground

Stopped by and my 11 year old son said “this is the best place ever”! Would be a great spot to stop and take a nice long travel break.

Great campground in an unexpected environment

Coming in from the east, entering this area is like finding an oasis in the sprawling desert. In June, the road entered under a green canopy, very unlike the hours of driving through Oklahoma it took to get here. It is a very well manicured place.

There are a couple camping areas, and we ended up in the Whitetail Campground, which had the most tent sites. There are lots of RV sites here and in the other areas. Within minutes of arriving, the park ranger came over to see we payed for the site online, then cheerfully left us to it.

If you can, choose site A in the Whitetail area. It is shaded, spacious and the most private. It was a very hot day, but the shade and breeze made the experience quite lovely. There is a VERY short, flat, hiking trail around this campground. There is also a nearby pool which is open in the afternoon, and charges a few dollars to swim. We unfortunately didn't visit the actual spring, so I'm not sure how that is.

The bathrooms here are pretty nice. One shower and two stalls in the men's room. Dividing walls are just a little short. Very clean though!

At nightfall, we were harassed by a couple raccoons, but they kept their distance and retreated after we repeatedly threw some stones and made loud noises towards them. But they were persistent at first, so just keep a lookout for them. We saw one deer here, and found a couple ticks, so bring your bug spray!

Glass Mountain is the nearby attraction a drive away, and nearby Woodward should have just about everything you need to stock up.

Let down

We camped here for a weekend. There was no fire pits for the rv sites. The sites were super close together. The bathrooms were really clean but the showers were a little gross and there was no hot water for them. The main reason we came were for the caverns and despite there being a sign and information online that the cavern would be open, they were still closed because of the Rona.

Despite that, the staff was nice and the trails were beautiful. Just didn’t get to see the caves.

Or have a fire….