Meridian , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Meridian Camping Reviews
Good for a stopover not much more

Little city park with a lake. A good place for a nightly stopover but not much more. It is fairly run down and RV sites are very unlevel. All the other amenities are also run down. The lake is nice. Half the sites seem to be taken by permanent locals or transients. Park was quiet but it was mid week. There were regular train noises all night though.

Very Nice Country Setting

Stayed a night on my way home to the Dallas area. It’s a little bit north of Wichita Falls and Hwy 287 but well worth the effort to get there.

Nice, basic RV park

We parked our RV here for 2 nights to go play at Kiowa casino 5 minutes away. Quiet, basic sites. Not very big. No fire rings but a stationary grill. No walking trails. We parked with a 30 amp. Nice people.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Awesome area

A great view and plenty of room for outdoor games. The bathrooms are located by the entrance gate. We didn’t check them out because we were so far from them. Several sites have water and power at the pavilion, but many you will need about 60’ of water hose. All rv sites are 50 amp, so bring an adapter for your 30amp rig. No playground for kids, but load up and go down to the rec area for picnicking, swimming and playground. Bring a light bulb if you would like to light up your porch pavilion.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Good overnight stop

A city park provided by the town of Henrietta. We had a good level campsite with a choice of every campsite in the campground. We were the only ones there for the night. We were undisturbed and spent a peaceful night.We had good access to the highway we were traveling on the way to Colorado. Would probably stay here again for an overnight.

Good city park

This was an overnight stop for us on the way back from Colorado to North East Texas. Glad we drove out here, about 10 miles north of the town of Nocona. Grass had just been Mown, And we were the only ones in the Camp Ground for the night. Very peaceful and quiet. Campsite pads were a very narrow and we had to access a water connection from an adjoining campsite. Since we were the only ones there that was not a problem. Had a nice view of the lake. Probably would stop here again

9/19/20

Pros clean restrooms and open space. Great for families with younger children. All set up for Halloween

Cons: no trees, sites are very close together.

Lovely Park!

We were here for 5 nights in August 2020. We were in back-in site 20, which was level, shaded and plenty wide and long enough for our 35’ MH and tow car. The pads are gravel with a paved pad for picnic table. There are a lot of pull through sites that are plenty long for big rigs and not tight together. They have FHU, great cable and very decent WiFi. Verizon cell service was 4G 4 bars. The fulltime and long-term folks are over in a different section. The park is on the Wichita River, has lots of ducks and geese that like the pond there and there are lots of kitschy things around the park. They have a pool, laundry and bathhouses- all clean. I did not meet any staff as they had contactless check-in– your paperwork is taped to the office door. There is plenty of shopping all around. We took a lovely hike through Lucy Park and saw the beautiful Wichita Falls. We would go back to this very nice park.