The best DRIVE IN camping near
Madill , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Madill Camping Reviews
Great place

Had a great time here with my son. Place was a bit flooded and off season, but we had a blast adventuring on the trails and in the water. Great time!

Kinda Shady Looking!

I did not spend the night. I was really excited about the apearence of this little COE campground but after about an hour I really did not feel very safe. As this park is not gated there is a no stop flow of cars crusing by checking out your setup, that really ubn nerved me, then I found out someone was killed at this location in 2019 and I decided to move on down the road.

Several Lakefront Sites

We've camped here several times. Sites are mostly level and several are lakefront. Trees for hammocks. No trails but you can venture off in the woods if adventurous.

Annual Trip

We come here every February for a guys' trip. We camp and fish. Scotty's is a great place to stop in and get local fishing advice as well as a tasty breakfast/lunch. Campsites are far enough apart to feel secluded.

Beautiful lake, OK campground

We found Lake Ray Roberts as a nice swimming spot near Dallas to go cool down during the hot Texas summers and we LOVE it to go grill and hang out as a day long activity. So when my husband and I decide to start camping 🏕 we chose this park as our first trial, and we found it a bit inconvenient for Car camping since the spots are walk up and you gotta leave your car behind in a parking lot. Also, is very primitive style, so clean bathrooms and close-by water is not really part of the package. We loved the view from our spot and if you are up for a primitive experience within a park, then this is great. Just not for us and the type of camping we wanna do 😊

Quick and Easy

I pulled in about 10pm last week (late October). I tried to pay online as per requested. I set up my 4runner and Roof Top Tent and passed out. There were ZERO other campers but a bunch of RVs.

The Catfish bay campground was a super open peninsula with very little trees. There were human dropping buildings that looked clean but I didn't use. On the night I was there it was 68 with a very light breeze. I can see the summers being rough at this campground with almost zero cover. Nice shore line and my guess is the fishing is good.

Probably won't return as I don't see this campground offering much.

Quiet, Clean, Lake Access

This camp ground at Lake Murray is one of my favorite spots! It is one of the smaller camp grounds on the lake and tends to be less rowdy than some of the others. There are several sites right on the water that you can pull your boat and/or jet skis up to.

Amazing views

Best campgrounds I’ve been to in a while. But it was nice. Very clean bathrooms and showers. Very large campsites 🏕 Just a great time with the family. All the marinas were closed when we went. No rentals.

Great sunrise and sunset

Not a lot of shade here, so summer would be sweltering. We stayed early October and it was great weather. Good shore fishing but not a lot of hiking and such close by. Sunrise and sun set on the water was nice.

Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.