Haskell , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Haskell Camping Reviews
Nice RV Park

Enjoyed the quiet side of the park closest to railroad tracks. Yes, we did have trains at all hours, but living in a community with a similar issue, we had no problem sleeping through it. Bathhouse was clean, but not great. Biggest problem was flies from dumpster and sewage dump. Could not smell anything, but 1000's of flies. Overall, still quiet and sites were nice. Lake is very nice.

One night stay

We stayed here for just one night in Shady Grove area on the top of the hill. Sites were tight and we were clearly placed in a bigger pull through site that was split in two sites. We arrived later in the evening and people in other half of site had already taken over forcing us the back into site pad up a steep incline in the dark under a tree. We made it, but not easy. For distanced dispersed camping, look elsewhere.

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a note in my windshield. The phone number on the confirm email forwards after hours to the lodge, and the person was very nice when I called but couldn’t help me.

It was a bit confusing once I got there and was trying to find my site, I went online again and found another website that said paradise cove camping was closed, but the guy on the phone said the online reservations are kept up to date.

Paradise cove is right by the bridge over the lake and I could hear and see traffic. Each site is numbered on the picnic table (hard to see, especially in the dark) and the bathrooms were closed. I never found the water taps.

In the morning, I was right on the lake, with lots of birds! It was beautiful despite the traffic. I would stay again but pick a different campground in the park.

Almost perfect!

The weather was prime for a December campout. It was a tad windy, but the campsite offered a nice spot with a round table, grill, and rock ringed fire pit. Large tree surrounded campsites were all perfect for roof top tenting. We booked site 40, but couldnt find 39 or 40 so we stayed at 35. Kindling was plentiful (firewood available at the park office $5 a bundle). Short hike down to the water. There was a "beach" on the south end near the amphitheater and nature center. Once the sun went down we noticed a massive Christmas lighting display up near the RV portion. This made the trip! The restroo. Was open near our site. HEATED!. Loved the entire experience. I will return!

Not accessible

There is one road in to this camping area. It’s blocked off by cement barricades so you can’t access it. Should have turned around when I heard the banjos. 0 stars.

Great little spot for the hunters.

I live a short drive away in Tulsa, but when hunting season started, this is where I stayed on the weekends. Lots of WMA land to be explored, the park is nice and quiet with beautiful surroundings and a smaller, peaceful lake to enjoy.

Nice park

Showers and laundry were not 24 hours

Nice Campground but pricey

In order to camp here you’ll have to reserve a spot online. This was very easy to do and they show you a picture of the individual campsite online. It’s $33 for a night with a camper/trailer/rv. It may be cheaper to just reserve a tent spot.

We stayed here for one night in our Rooftop Tent. We enjoyed our stay, there are level cement slabs with full hookups. Also every site had a fireplace, a grill and a little table/bench set. We stayed at the lakeside/lakeview loop and had a nice view of Lake Eufaula.

The bathrooms were clean enough, they’re a bit outdated, so I’m sure they’ll never look super duper clean. It was fine though. BUT: non of the women’s bathroom stalls was lockable. (One lock was broken and the other stall’s door couldn’t be closed because the toilet paper dispenser was in the way… I’m sure this is gonna be something they’ll fix before the main season starts again, though) The one shower stall with the best shower head also wasn’t lockable. Showers were warm (water & the room itself).

The campground itself was pretty quiet but about every hour or so we heard a train horn. Which was loud and excessive. Like not one short „choooooo“ but more like a „choooo chooo chooochoochoooo“ for more than 10-15s, all throughout the night.

Overall we had a good time though!

Fun winter camping

A nice state park with lots of services. A full marina, a little restaurant on the dock. Full hook up camping is available throughout the year. Close to a small town with shopping, fuel, and a couple great restaurants.

Corona Free Camping

So sick of just sitting at home. Wait a minute …. we have a portable home. We have probably camped around 8 times since March. I we can do distance or virtual learning from any place that we can use the hot spot on our phones. Love the camping hate the “Rona”. Still haven’t caught any fish. Guess we’ll try again next year since we have winterized. At least for now….we shall see.