The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Hamden Camping Reviews
Great outdoors

There are two campgrounds with RV sites, this review is for Buster. All rv sites are water and electric  no sewer but there is a dump on the way out of the campground. There are only 2 sites with 50 amp, the other sites are 30 amp. Okla jumped the price up but have done nothing to improve the sites or add more 50 amps. Cell service is almost non existant (T Mobile). Trees need to be trimed from the road, you will get your rig scratched. The lake is buetiful and not heavily used except by fishermen.

Great Camp Site!

Was clean and quiet.

So peaceful

This is definitely my all time favorite. I stayed at “tent t hill” primitive area. Spot number 3 and it was PERFECT! Wooded area, quiet, peaceful. Trail literally right across from the section.

My only complaint was it was hard to find. The signs are not very helpful.

Awesome ,secluded no tv no cell service quality time

Im a big time camper no less than 20times a year me and wife still work is y.But this is not clamping , this is where me and my son who is active duty and couple more buddies go to hunt and hang around camp fire and eat and 🍻.No tv no cell service just us and the stars lol. Btw we sleep in back of trucks no caper with heat.WE LOVE THIS 10 OR 11 SPOTS TO CAMP PARK

Private balconies overlooking the lake

I had never heard of McGee Creek State park but had a blast here last weekend! We stayed right on the water at Potapo Landing. Definitely the nicest campsite I’ve seen. Aside from electricity, water, picnic table, fire pit and grill, each site also had their own deck! We got lucky as our site was not directly next to other campers, however most sites were pretty close together. It seemed like many of the RVs that were parked were there permanently (or at least for a very long time). Every now and then we’d catch a whiff of sewage smell but other than that it was very quiet and peaceful weekend.

Absolutely beautiful!!!

We stayed at the Blue Jay Drive Campground and it was beautiful! We had three sites 14,15 and 17 number 15 was beautiful right on the lake neighbors were coming by and asking if they can take pictures of the site 15. Make sure you take plenty of water there is no water not even one spigot. They have a vaulted restroom similar to a portapotty. We took our own portable potty and thank god we did so. I would definitely take some seven dust for the little critters at the campsites. It’s very quiet at night and there’s so much to do there.

We fell in LOVE with Little River campground!

In July 2020 we traveled north into Oklahoma to visit Little River Park. We found Little River Park on the Recreation.gov web site and just had to go pay a visit. On my previous trip into south East OK I meet some new friends from the area who told me to check out Pine Lake as it was way better for the mobility challenged. Upon our arrival to Little River Park we immediately were impressed with the stunning beauty of the area. We startled three deer as we were driving into Little River Park. Our site was great! Very level with a huge concrete pad that was ideal of the mobility challenged camper. We spent three days camping at Little River Park before the heat and humidity got the better of us and we decided to head back to home base. I look forward to a return trip to Little River Park on Pine Lake at some point in the future.

https://youtu.be/lx-HaTozn9gSite number 4

Spontaneous run up to Beaver’s Bend!

Great weekend! It is still hot but cooler in the evening. We were able to secure a campsite at the last minute. It was crowded but to be expected. The water was nice and we had a great time canoeing on the river. Deer were everywhere in the evening. Def will be back, beavers bend never disappoints!

Our new favorite place!

We camped in Turkey Circle in the lake part of the park. The campground was a bit tight but it was pretty quiet. We stayed in #10 and it was right next to the road but thankfully there isn’t much traffic in the circle. We had a slight view of the water from the back of our site and it was a quick walk or drive down to the lake. We really enjoyed our time exploring the park and all it had to offer. We were able to hike,kayak the lake and the river, swim and there is also a train and mini golf within the state park. Our campground was part of the Carson Creek area and was a short drive to Hochatown. There is an animal rescue and a mining attraction for kids in Hochatown. There is also a really cute shop called Hochatime that has some nice quality shirts. We are already planning our next trip and are looking at Acorn, Cypress, and Fern for campground options. They are all closer to the river area and closer to the activities within the park.

Beautiful state park

Nice nice nice park. Woke up to the views of the lake. Nice breeze even in the summer. Lots of shade off of blue jay drive. We camped pad B011. Photos do more justice.

Got some videos of the river side camp sites.

If you want to camp the lake I recommend blue jay drive. the other places have nice lake access and views It’s just some were to crowded.