The best TENT SITES camping near
Grandfield , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Grandfield Camping Reviews
Very Nice Country Setting

Stayed a night on my way home to the Dallas area. It’s a little bit north of Wichita Falls and Hwy 287 but well worth the effort to get there.

Nice, basic RV park

We parked our RV here for 2 nights to go play at Kiowa casino 5 minutes away. Quiet, basic sites. Not very big. No fire rings but a stationary grill. No walking trails. We parked with a 30 amp. Nice people.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Awesome area

A great view and plenty of room for outdoor games. The bathrooms are located by the entrance gate. We didn’t check them out because we were so far from them. Several sites have water and power at the pavilion, but many you will need about 60’ of water hose. All rv sites are 50 amp, so bring an adapter for your 30amp rig. No playground for kids, but load up and go down to the rec area for picnicking, swimming and playground. Bring a light bulb if you would like to light up your porch pavilion.

Good overnight stop

A city park provided by the town of Henrietta. We had a good level campsite with a choice of every campsite in the campground. We were the only ones there for the night. We were undisturbed and spent a peaceful night.We had good access to the highway we were traveling on the way to Colorado. Would probably stay here again for an overnight.

Very nice for a state park 9/20/20

Pros: easy access from state hwy. Restrooms were very clean. This park has made pull through sites for big rigs. The lake and fishing area are great. Very quite and no artificial lights, heat place to star gaze. Love the little circles the water/electricity sites are located. Large site next side acceptable distance away. Every site has a covered shelter.

Cons: some of the sites need added gravel or black top.

I will be coming back and staying, great state park.

9/19/20

Pros clean restrooms and open space. Great for families with younger children. All set up for Halloween

Cons: no trees, sites are very close together.

A lot of fun activities!

The good: This park has a lot to offer. Multiple pools(including a nice splash pad type area for the little kids), jumping pillows, maze, nice playground, animals, blow up obstacle course, and schedules activities like hayrides, bubbles, candy bingo, etc. The not so great: There’s a lot of campsites and most are “RV park” type sites with little shade. The bad: The cafe. We seem to always have problems. Waited over an hour to get pancakes, over an hour to get a pizza, and once the breakfast buffet ran out of food right after we bought it (3 separate trips). The foods not bad, we just seem to be unlucky. It’s obviously easy to work around this, just bring your own food! Overall: We think the camping price is very reasonable for all of the included activities and we enjoy coming here a couple times a year.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.

Wonderful spot with easy access

Our first night on the road and stayed here. Great spot right next to Wal-Mart. The bathrooms were very clean and nice, as well as, the showers with heat lights, bench and teak step. We thought it was very well maintained. Thank you for an excellent night stay! The Fullers