The best BOAT IN camping near
Enterprise , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Enterprise Camping Reviews
Clean and quiet

Nice clean and quite camp ground. Our stay was right at the beginning of pandemic before they closed early 2020. Was passing through and going to stay the weekend. Had to leave early due to state mandate to close, no issues with host or refund for early departure.

Campgrounds Vary

We booked a Deep Ford campsite online but were disappointed when we arrived. The sites were really close together with almost no privacy. There were a lot of people parked in the campground lot for fishing during the day, so it felt pretty cramped. Luckily, you can change your reservation online. We drove around to all of the different tent sections and found a much better option at Eagles Nest. It was wooded and the sites were more spread out. It had a stone fire ring, a table, a grill, and a lantern pole. There are no bathrooms nearby, but there are several throughout the park that are just a quick drive away if you really need them.

If you're looking for less crowded spots, it seemed like Eagles Nest and Lake Wayne Wallace were the best options.

Great outting

Nice amenities. Clean bathroom. Well maintained trails. I look forward to coming back to rock climb. Great for a weekend away or a family day trip. In warmer weather we definitely would have went kayaking. The most exciting thing for us was to explore with minimal research of the area. It felt like a treasure hunt!

To my understanding you do need to park to pay.

One night stay

We stayed here for just one night in Shady Grove area on the top of the hill. Sites were tight and we were clearly placed in a bigger pull through site that was split in two sites. We arrived later in the evening and people in other half of site had already taken over forcing us the back into site pad up a steep incline in the dark under a tree. We made it, but not easy. For distanced dispersed camping, look elsewhere.

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a note in my windshield. The phone number on the confirm email forwards after hours to the lodge, and the person was very nice when I called but couldn’t help me.

It was a bit confusing once I got there and was trying to find my site, I went online again and found another website that said paradise cove camping was closed, but the guy on the phone said the online reservations are kept up to date.

Paradise cove is right by the bridge over the lake and I could hear and see traffic. Each site is numbered on the picnic table (hard to see, especially in the dark) and the bathrooms were closed. I never found the water taps.

In the morning, I was right on the lake, with lots of birds! It was beautiful despite the traffic. I would stay again but pick a different campground in the park.

Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my phone, even when I mentioned that it looked like plenty of spots were available. She said “oh yes, I’ve got lots of spaces.” She kicked us out. I will not be going back.

Quaint little park

We stayed the week before the park officially opened, and found it to be a great little COE park. Right on the water.

Seminole park Top Notch.

Seminole campground is the best in Sequoyah State Park. The Camp Host is great and the Sunsets are beautiful.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

Camping in the Fall

Nice campground, clean and at this time of the year and/or due to COVID, no one camping but us! Campsites are close together. Our visit was a day trip to scout out sites for future visits, and we parked in site 52 of the Chickasaw loop. A few day users came mid afternoon, and several boats were out trolling and fishing. Reservations made online. The reservation website said 5:00 p.m. check in, but we got in around 10:00 a.m. Campground closes December 8 and reopens March 31.