Chelsea , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Chelsea Camping Reviews
Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Peaceful & Beautiful Evening

My husband, 2 dogs, and I reserved a spot a short walk to the water. We had a relaxing evening grilling and sitting by the fire, enjoying the peaceful night under the stars.

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

Pretty Lake View

Stayed in B39 with a lake view and saw lots of bird wildlife. N9 sewer hookup but had a nice covered pavilion, fire ring, concrete pad with a concrete patio. Loved it.

Great campground on the lake

Reservations only so be sure to plan ahead. The best sites need to be reserved as many as 6 months in advance. Our favorite is A22 since it’s right on the water with a place for a boat and great area for swimming. The only inconvenience is this site is farthest from the shared water source. They do however allow a splitter valve. Best to fill your tank before heading out, bring 200’ of hose, or bring a couple water containers.

Nice State Facility

Big park with so many site options. Very large sites on the lower area, upper area is a little more tight. Easy access to the launch ramp for smaller boat rigs.. easy access to the area activities very accommodating staff

Beautiful but do your research

We stayed in the Cherokee section of the park. Campsites are clean and there’s electric and water at each. It has a beautiful view of the lake. However, the showers will cost you, so bring quarters. Plus, the ones we saw looked like they had black mold all around. Needless to say, we did not use the showers.

Beautiful bight at Creek Campsite

The online reservation system wasn't working but it appeared to show many vacancies. I packed up my rig and headed out from Tulsa. Upon arrival i ran into the camp host. He said to pick a site and pay at the office the next morning. I chose a nice site on the west side of the area near the water. A beautiful night on a no frills site. I will return!

Nice campsites!

We had never been to Ft. Gibson Lake so we thought we'd give it a go… and we really enjoyed it. We stayed at Seminole Campground in Sequoyah State Park for two nights at the end of May and had a nice time. The camp host greeted us when we pulled in and gave us the low-down and provided us with maps on the campgrounds and the area.

The campground, was really nice. It was clean, well kept, and quiet. With only one road in and out you'd think the traffic my be kinda bad, but it wasn't. It probably helps that there's not a boat ramp directly in the campgrounds. The sites were spacious and included a nice level concrete pad, a concrete picnic table, a firepit, and a lantern hook. All the sites away from the shore had sewer connections. The ones closest to the water did not, but there's a dump station right outside the campground gate.

Being kayakers we like campgrounds that have easy water access and Seminole campground did not disappoint. The water level was up about 15-20' this particular weekend which made it easy to launch/land and with floating debris due to the water level we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. There are also hiking trails in the area including a paved walking trail.

There's a convenience store a couple of miles away for ice, beverages, etc. It's about 12 miles to the nearest Walmart to pick up those things you forget… we now have dedicated camper pillows.

Since I sometimes need to login to work, I'm always curious about the wifi. While the campground itself doesn't have wifi, I was able to turn on the hotspot feature on my phone and get connected without any problems. We have service through AT&T and didn't have any issues.

The camp host told us that this campground is one of the few that stay open year round so we may be back in the fall for a different view.