The best WALK IN camping near
Boley , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Boley Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budge this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

Not a big place to camp

Lake Sahoma has very few spots to camp and they are right off the main road so cars drive by often. If you love fishing, this is the lake for you. This lake is strictly for fishing. I guess you could kayak but there’s lots of trees in the water so you’d have to watch out for those. There a a few docks for fishing but you have to have a trout license. There is a area just up the road you can fish with a regular fishing license and be fine. They do drive by and check to see if you have a fishing license. I prefer places I can hike and play in the water so this isn’t really a lake for me.

Nice area

There are 2 lakes side by side. We drove thru to the different camp grounds and the hiking trails. Ended up spending the afternoon hiking and swimming in a pull off area. We would like to go camping next time. There are several areas with camping. The furthest spot seemed to have the most spots and more RVs than anything. The area before that was all tents and all shade which would be nice in the summer!

I’d drive three days to get here!

Happened upon this campground on our way from Tucson to Cleveland, OH. OH MY!!!! Site right on the lake and during the week no one else in area A. Cement pads for RVs. Boat ramp nearby so watched a few fishing boats launch. Dogs lived it. One was in the water before we unhooked the camper!!! Have arranged for our son from CA to meet us there for a week next Sept. so yes we will drive thee days to come back here next year!

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Last Resort

Camp sites are very close together. Bathrooms are in a serious need of an update. Lake is about half a mile away from campground. There are little stickers everywhere that get into your pets fur and gets trapped in carpets forcing you to trash any rugs. Picnic tables are on the back side of the camp site to impossible to use.