Adair, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Adair Camping Reviews
Nice with all the amenities.

Right in the middle of Tulsa.

Overnight stay

We came in early one morning and the park ranger came by helped us out. Easy to pull camper around park and back in lots were nice

Nice place great staff

Have stayed there a couple of times when passing through.  No cable TV.  Staff was very courteous and helpful.  On one occasion we were delayed and arrived late.  The staff called us before the office closing time and let us know which site to use and told us not to worry that they'd see us the next day.  No trees and fairly close to a primary road and an interstate highway.

We'd stay there again.

Great Camping with the Family

Great camping with family. We enjoyed a nice tent camping trip, really nice camping area and enjoyable getaway. Highly recommend.

Lots of hiking, don’t go on Friday!

The falls are a super easy hike. The only problem with this campground is the race track across the street is extremely loud and will keep you up.

Great for small family

We chose the rv site 16 from their website before ever seeing what the campground looked like in person. It is the site toward the back of the rv park overlooking the bluffs.

Our site had plenty of tree cover that kept us from seeing the bluffs; but it also provided for a cool experience looking out of the back windows of our camper, especially at night.

The sites are a bit too close to one another. But our neighbors in site 15 were super cool. We came with only one bundle of firewood and they quickly provided us with more than enough to have a great time, and more than enough for the next morning.

The reason it gets 4 stars is because the sites are too close to one another. What was especially strange is that the fire ring that belongs to site 15 was actually directly behind our pad on site 16. Our fire ring was located between our site and the other neighbor's site (17) next to us. Very strange.

The campsite otherwise was wonderful. Our kids loved the two playgrounds. The weather was great. So we took a quick stroll through the woods and to the small waterfall nearby. Would definitely go again, maybe even to book two or three sites next to one another, being so close. That would be fun for a larger group.

Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

No longer a camping area - come to fish

While this little park in Lanagan use to allow camping (picture of a tent & RV are still on the sign) this is no longer the case.  The site is now a day use area only.  The camping area is overgrown and in disrepair.  The frequent flooding of Indian Creek most likely didn't help things.  The park is now mainly just a fishing access site for Indian Creek.  Noticed a group of kids heading to the park with fishing poles in hand, so the fishing must be decent.  The Park has a small shelter, but is with out picnic tables.  Site has a vault toilet, but it was locked during my visit.  A small playground is available.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Stopped by for a night on our way through

We really enjoyed our stay. The lake was up about 10 ft according to the camp host and had been flooded most of the summer. Both boat ramps were under water and several of the sites were still flooded too. The campground has a shower house on one end and vault toilets on the other. All sites are water and electric only. Most sites were older asphalt pads, but there were several newer sites, all concrete, and huge.

Nice for a quick stopover

Nice and clean. Full hookups. Lacking some amenities but it’s definitely a nice stay when passing through.

Best campground on the Elk

We love camping at Two Sons. The owners are great people and run a really nice place. The sites are all grass pads and fairly large, with several right on the water. Electric/water only, so the one drawback is no sewer connections. You’ll have to use the onsite dump station. Very large gravel bar for relaxing on, several nice floats that end right at the campground.

Swimming hole and woods

Primitive but upgrades coming.

Tents, campers, cars, and RV s allowed.

6 miles west of ramona ok. It doesn't have an address. when someone makes an appointment or books I meet them and guide them in.

Page with more info and pictures Like page for future events and updates. First pinned post is how to book. https://www.facebook.com/Huge-Great-Bus-Camping-1766398643424443/

Love this park

It’s small but it is super pretty. Great park for a wonderful last minute trip from Tulsa

Better for teen/college aged partiers

Website said site we reserved was shady and grassy. Shade was ok but barely tufts of grass. Mostly sharp rocks/gravel/dirt which ended up tearing a hole in the bottom of our tarp footprint and tent. Worker there said those sites hadn’t been grassy for years and their website lied. :(

We stayed on the island (NOT the party side) which was very far from bathrooms. Ended up driving to them when we really had to go. Bathrooms themselves would be not bad if it wasn’t for drunken idiots leaving them a mess every night. We had one good neighbor. The others were busy blasting their music for all to hear and smoking weed for all to smell.

Not really a swimming beach area. Rocks are rather large and definitely not pea gravel or easy to walk on without twisting an ankle.

Store was nice. Overpriced but that’s to be expected. Seemed to be lots of security but guessing it’s cause of the partiers. Often the police/sheriff would patrol which was weird to see multiple times a day.

Not the best place to camp if rain/storms possible.

Definitely won’t be coming again or recommend for those seeking nature or with children.

Quiet and beautiful.

Had a great stay here at Washington cove. Park ranger Justin Barnes was a great help with our after hours check in. He even came by the site we picked to make sure it was up to our standards and to check if the electric was working correctly. Later on while the kids were fishing he stopped by to explain the different type of fish and wildlife to them. We really enjoyed this stop along our trip and it’s refreshing to have a park ranger who you can see really cares about his area and informing the public. Showers and bathrooms available, nice a clean. Picnic tables and little grills. Playground equipment for the kids!

Great campsite to stay while floating the river

This campground is very close to the river so after we finished kayaking, we were able to walk straight back to our campsite. The only downside about this campsite is that it can get kind of noisy when there is a bunch of people camping. However, our campsite was clean, spacious, and the restrooms/showers were very close.

Clean but no privacy

Nice place but there’s no privacy. Has a nice disc golf course!

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Decent but a little run down

Not a bad place to go camp and float. Bathrooms are a little run down and small, the sand volleyball court was ruined by the recent flooding and still has yet to be repaired. The tent camping was decently set up and good sized. Fit 2 8 person and 1 4 person tent on one site, with tons of room to spare. There is a wash station to wash any dishes you use in the little store at the front. Overall a good option for floating and camping.

Very Nice Campground by the Neosho River

We have stayed here 3 times now as it is close to family. This is a very nice well maintained city park with campsites. It sits along the Neosho River but us elevated enough that it doesn’t flood. The electrical is recently updated with 50 and 30 amp service and last year the city installed a new bath house. There is a playground, pavilion and a ball field all within the park and the sites are generously spaced apart. Free WiFi is also provided. It’s a great deal at $15 a night.

BED BUGS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We arrived at 3 O'clock(an hour before check in) at Carsons cabin and they told us they were working on the showers. We waited until 5:30 to finally get the keys just to find that the showers were ice cold and NO ONE had even showered yet around 8pm! Then Saturday for our float the clerks were lost and kept trying to over charge everyone that paid in our group, even when I already paid my float deposit of$100 and was to go towards my own 4(2 adults 2 kids), she kept saying I owed. Then Saturday night we kept feeling things crawl on us, just to wake up to bites all over my 8 year olds body and a squished bed bug on my pillow that was full of blood and had just fed before getting squished! The supervisor apologized over and over but the owner still has yet to call me and fix this! I had to take my son to Urgent care because he had a severe allergic reaction to the bites and now I'm out even more money due to their bed bug problem! On top of that, we had to throw everything away so that we didnt bring any of them home! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY! Vacations are suppose to be relaxing and this was not even close!

Love it!!!

We absolutely love going here!

Not so great anymore

Use to tent camp there 10 years ago or so. Went back to camp and pretty much caters to RVs now. Pretty much campers and fisherman now. Be careful does not say anywhere about reservations. We had been set up and kicking back for over 3 hours before the RUDEST ranger came and told us our site was reserved she just hadnt put up sign yet. Plenty of nicer places in the area, oh well used to enjoy it.

Love the drive-over waterfall

I went here as a teenager and fell in love. I will be back!

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

Secluded and peaceful

The views in the area are beautiful, especially from the cliffs. There are multiple areas to hike, kayak, fish, or boat in the area. Not too far from Skiatook if you need to head into a town which is nice for some people.

Good for RVs not tent campers

I stayed at twin bridges this past weekend with my wife and our two dogs. Despite nice weather it was less than half full. There aee three distinct areas to camp. One on the east side of HW 137, one on the west side of HW 137, and one south of HW 60. The area south of HW 60 is camper pads and very busy as it is right at the boat ramp. This area also charges a premium rate for its location ($27 with water and electric hook ups). The west side of HW 137 has lake huts ($50-$60ish per night) as well as tent and RV sites. The east side of HW 137 has tent and RV sites as well as the visitor center. Tent sites are $14, with electric $18, and electric and water for $22. You can reserve RV sites online but not tent sites. This area is mostly for RVs. The tent sides are all on a hill side so you cant find flat sites to tent camp and tent camping is poorly marked. We did find an "unimproved camping area" presumably for tent camping but everyone with an RV at the nearby RV sites used it as boat trailer parking. There are bathhouse on each side of HW 137 and we found them to be pretty good for a campground. There is a RV dump station behind the visitor center ($5 to dump, free to camping guests, payable at visitor center or envelope station). If you get in late there are signs instructing you to pay at visitor center the next morning. However these must be old signs as there is an envelope station in front of the visitor center door to register and pay (didnt seem like the visitor center is open much). Noticed a lot of trash around camping area into the wooded area around it. Not a lot to do in the park but plenty of fish and boating areas nearby. Also there are camp grills at each RV/camp spot but no fire pits, although we did notice people have just built camp fires as they see fit (not sure of park policy on this). Overall its a decent enough campground if you are going to be spending all your time on the lake but wouldnt recommend for tent camping or longer RV stays if you are looking for hiking trails and more secluded relaxation.