The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Achille , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Achille Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Achille Camping Reviews
Very friendly and beautiful park

Very friendly and a beautiful park

Great Range of Campsites

Location: North of the DFW area and easy to find with good sites to choose from. We have done a lot of Primitive camping here that requires only a half mile walk from the parking lot.

The Sites: The primitive sites in the Hawthorne campgrounds are spaced a good distance apart and really give you a feel of isolation. Sites on the perimeter all have lake access where you can pull a boat up. We have car camped on a few occasions here and each time we saw plenty of deer around camp.

Facilities: There are several playground areas central to the various campgrounds with easy access for your family. Showers and restrooms are close by the playgrounds as well. There is also a fantastic beach swim area for day use or to visit while your camping. Nice sand and roped off swimming areas with large playgrounds.

Water park

Nice place and a beautiful scenic drive. Good place to hike and swim, sites are decent and give a fair amount of space in between. Bring shoes though! Lots of little prickers in the grass down by the lake.

Getaway from Dallas!

A very nice state park, about an hour northwest of Dallas. Lots of hiking and biking trails, with clean restrooms! Deer will approach your campsite and you’re likely to see all kinds of wildlife. A gem of a getaway!

Kinda Shady Looking!

I did not spend the night. I was really excited about the apearence of this little COE campground but after about an hour I really did not feel very safe. As this park is not gated there is a no stop flow of cars crusing by checking out your setup, that really ubn nerved me, then I found out someone was killed at this location in 2019 and I decided to move on down the road.

Several Lakefront Sites

We've camped here several times. Sites are mostly level and several are lakefront. Trees for hammocks. No trails but you can venture off in the woods if adventurous.

Annual Trip

We come here every February for a guys' trip. We camp and fish. Scotty's is a great place to stop in and get local fishing advice as well as a tasty breakfast/lunch. Campsites are far enough apart to feel secluded.

So peaceful

This is definitely my all time favorite. I stayed at “tent t hill” primitive area. Spot number 3 and it was PERFECT! Wooded area, quiet, peaceful. Trail literally right across from the section.

My only complaint was it was hard to find. The signs are not very helpful.

Beautiful lake, OK campground

We found Lake Ray Roberts as a nice swimming spot near Dallas to go cool down during the hot Texas summers and we LOVE it to go grill and hang out as a day long activity. So when my husband and I decide to start camping 🏕 we chose this park as our first trial, and we found it a bit inconvenient for Car camping since the spots are walk up and you gotta leave your car behind in a parking lot. Also, is very primitive style, so clean bathrooms and close-by water is not really part of the package. We loved the view from our spot and if you are up for a primitive experience within a park, then this is great. Just not for us and the type of camping we wanna do 😊

Quick and Easy

I pulled in about 10pm last week (late October). I tried to pay online as per requested. I set up my 4runner and Roof Top Tent and passed out. There were ZERO other campers but a bunch of RVs.

The Catfish bay campground was a super open peninsula with very little trees. There were human dropping buildings that looked clean but I didn't use. On the night I was there it was 68 with a very light breeze. I can see the summers being rough at this campground with almost zero cover. Nice shore line and my guess is the fishing is good.

Probably won't return as I don't see this campground offering much.